Release Candidate 2 of MusE 2.0 is now available for download (RC1 was released back in November, 2011).
MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 2
Quite a bit of polish has been done in the GUI and some under the hood fixes for various audio and MIDI data handling.
Crunched list of improvements:
- New super-glue feature.
- Global Cut: Fixed crashes with markers. Re-did marker section in structure.cpp:adjustGlobalLists().
- Fixed drag and drop cloning parts - bad reference count in PartCanvas::moveItem().
- File Open dialog: Start with song data and configuration.
- New 'Duplicate tracks' Edit action, and dialog. Post-cleanups. TODO: Copy plugins, fix copying parts.
- Audio strip prefader now controls audio.
- Fixed: Annoying ladspa browser issues. Leak: Dialog was not destroyed. Sorting. Save complete state.
- Fixed long-time graphics corruption issue: Large areas of desktop erased to background.
- New: MIDI routing matrix. No more clumsy routing menu items. Currently for MIDI Track iR and Audio Input iR solo routes.
- Improved: MIDI ports list now fills automatically at start.
- List only writeable ports in track list output port column and MIDI track info combo box.
- Jack MIDI devices now save an additional required rwFlags xml tag.
- MIDI ports dialog: Auto dis/connect the stated default channels when selecting a device.
- Complete Spanish translation from Cristian Ramos.
- Improved: Project save dialog: Now has quick save as Template. Separate project/result paths shown. Editable project folder.
- Added: Project directory in global settings dialog.
- Changed: In File Dialog, 'User' initial prepend path changed to muse./config path. So user files + templates are shown.
- Fixed: Template directory changed from /home/templates to muse config directory. Support for old files included.
- Fixed: DSSI synth audio inputs. This means dssi vocoders, samplers etc. should work now.
- Re-write: Fixed audio mixing, meter processing. Audio, and meters, for all mono <-> stereo route combinations work sensibly now.
- Window titles of ladspa and dssi plugins now have track name prefix to help identify them.
- Added "Unused Devices" menu to the arranger's port popupmenu for rapid device selection.
MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 1
Crunched list of improvements:
- added sane configuration defaults to muse.
- added MDI-like and borland-like user interface.
- improved copy paste with paste dialog.
- Lots of new internal namespaces e.g. MusEArranger and MusEMixer.
- GUI widgets with new look, especially in mixer.
- score editor improvements.
- reworked MIDI tools.
- Popup menus: If stay-open mode, space triggers item and double-click simulates return.
- Changed MIDI track info patch popup behaviour. Now stays open for auditioning patches.
- Changed editor 'ctrl' controller popups. Split instrument/other (+common controls.) + show ctrl numbers.
- Changed mouse wheel behaviour in graphical editors except the score editor.
- Added dialog to remove unused wave files.
- Changed default imported MIDI song type to GM.
- + lots more bugs squashed, improvements, code reorganizations.