18th January 2012
Release Candidate 2 of MusE 2.0 is now available for download (RC1 was released back in November, 2011).
MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 2
Quite a bit of polish has been done in the GUI and some under the hood fixes for various audio and MIDI data handling.
Crunched list of improvements:
- New super-glue feature.
- Global Cut: Fixed crashes with markers. Re-did marker section in structure.cpp:adjustGlobalLists().
- Fixed drag and drop cloning parts - bad reference count in PartCanvas::moveItem().
- File Open dialog: Start with song data and configuration.
- New 'Duplicate tracks' Edit action, and dialog. Post-cleanups. TODO: Copy plugins, fix copying parts.
- Audio strip prefader now controls audio.
- Fixed: Annoying ladspa browser issues. Leak: Dialog was not destroyed. Sorting. Save complete state.
- Fixed long-time graphics corruption issue: Large areas of desktop erased to background.
- New: MIDI routing matrix. No more clumsy routing menu items. Currently for MIDI Track iR and Audio Input iR solo routes.
- Improved: MIDI ports list now fills automatically at start.
- List only writeable ports in track list output port column and MIDI track info combo box.
- Jack MIDI devices now save an additional required rwFlags xml tag.
- MIDI ports dialog: Auto dis/connect the stated default channels when selecting a device.
- Complete Spanish translation from Cristian Ramos.
- Improved: Project save dialog: Now has quick save as Template. Separate project/result paths shown. Editable project folder.
- Added: Project directory in global settings dialog.
- Changed: In File Dialog, 'User' initial prepend path changed to muse./config path. So user files + templates are shown.
- Fixed: Template directory changed from /home/templates to muse config directory. Support for old files included.
- Fixed: DSSI synth audio inputs. This means dssi vocoders, samplers etc. should work now.
- Re-write: Fixed audio mixing, meter processing. Audio, and meters, for all mono <-> stereo route combinations work sensibly now.
- Window titles of ladspa and dssi plugins now have track name prefix to help identify them.
- Added "Unused Devices" menu to the arranger's port popupmenu for rapid device selection.
MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 1
Crunched list of improvements:
- added sane configuration defaults to muse.
- added MDI-like and borland-like user interface.
- improved copy paste with paste dialog.
- Lots of new internal namespaces e.g. MusEArranger and MusEMixer.
- GUI widgets with new look, especially in mixer.
- score editor improvements.
- reworked MIDI tools.
- Popup menus: If stay-open mode, space triggers item and double-click simulates return.
- Changed MIDI track info patch popup behaviour. Now stays open for auditioning patches.
- Changed editor 'ctrl' controller popups. Split instrument/other (+common controls.) + show ctrl numbers.
- Changed mouse wheel behaviour in graphical editors except the score editor.
- Added dialog to remove unused wave files.
- Changed default imported MIDI song type to GM.
- + lots more bugs squashed, improvements, code reorganizations.
09 Apr 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.2
29 Jan 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.1
02 Jul 2012 MusE 2.0 Now Available
18 Jan 2012 MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 2 Now Available
04 May 2011 MusE 2.0 Beta Now Available
05 Jan 2011 MusE 2.0alpha Now Available
05 Oct 2010 MusE updated to v1.1
17 Jan 2010 MusE updated to v1.0.1
22 Dec 2009 MusE v1.0 released
22 Jun 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC3 now available
07 May 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC2 now available
03 Sep 2007 MusE v0.9 Now Available
23 Aug 2007 MusE v0.9pre3 Now Available
09 Jan 2007 MusE v1.0 alpha Now Available
07 Jan 2007 MusE v0.9pre2 Now Available
16 Nov 2006 MusE v0.9pre1 released
28 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8.1 released
20 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8 released