MusE 2.1 Now Available (incl. native VST support)
7th January 2013
7th January 2013
Version 1.1 of MusE is now available for Linux.
Assortment of topics worked on this time around are:
- Native VST support, first drop: effect rack isn't supported yet and some synths are misbehaving a bit but it should be usable.
- New type of drum track with easier instrument handling.
- Improved Wave Editor.
- Improved MIDI import/export.
- Longtime weirdness in MusE, song-type is finally removed.
- Improved: Deicsonze soft synthesizer: Fixed crash, bugs, added LADSPA plugins.
- Added: Request from forums: Auto-start Jack upon MusE startup. Command-line disable switch -J added.
- Added aftertouch controller handling.
- Piano KB and drum list show coloured dots when per-pitch controllers exist or have data.
- Improved: Instrument Editor (controller tab): Redesigned. Fixed MANY bugs.
- Improved: MIDI controller graph 'Ctrl' popup menus now unified (cascading).
- Improved: built-in templates and removed lots of unneeded definitions.
- Improved: Velocity graphs. Icon for showing per-note or all velocities.
- Improved: Piano KB has current selected note (yellow). For velocity/polyaftertouch/other per-note ctrls.
- Added 'speaker' icon to drum edit. And drum list and piano keyboard now obey the 'speaker' icon.
- Improved: Multi-port (aka multi-channel) MIDI import and export.
- Added Gain knob on channel strip for audio tracks.
- Changed WaveTrack and AudioInput to create mono tracks instead of stereo.
- Added: Informative text on Undo/Redo buttons/menu text/tooltips ("Undo AddTrack" etc).
- Fixed CR:3567893 Play Event on note creation.
- Bug 3555569, 3555572: New informative ERROR, WARNING and HINT messages in cmake build script.
- Bug 3555581: No synths listed in Edit menu: main.cpp: Move initMidiSynth() ahead of MusE.
- Feature request 3565102: FLAC audio file import.
- Fix for forum topic "Ordering of simultaneous events".
- Summer sleep is over! plugins can now be grouped.
- Finished the Sysex Editor in the Instrument Editor.
- increased zoom range in arranger, reversed zoom in wave editor.
- Internal fluidsynth and simpledrums search project dir for missing sounds to ease portability, and if no sounds are found a load file dialog is shown.
09 Apr 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.229 Jan 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.107 Jan 2013 MusE 2.1 Now Available (incl. native VST support)11 Dec 2012 MusE 2.1 RC2 Now Available (incl. native VST support)02 Jul 2012 MusE 2.0 Now Available18 Jan 2012 MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 2 Now Available04 May 2011 MusE 2.0 Beta Now Available05 Jan 2011 MusE 2.0alpha Now Available05 Oct 2010 MusE updated to v1.117 Jan 2010 MusE updated to v1.0.122 Dec 2009 MusE v1.0 released22 Jun 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC3 now available07 May 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC2 now available03 Sep 2007 MusE v0.9 Now Available23 Aug 2007 MusE v0.9pre3 Now Available09 Jan 2007 MusE v1.0 alpha Now Available07 Jan 2007 MusE v0.9pre2 Now Available16 Nov 2006 MusE v0.9pre1 released28 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8.1 released20 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8 released