11th December 2012
Release Candidate 2 of MusE 2.1 is now available for Linux and includes native VST support as well as several bug fixes.
Release Candidate 1 was released back in November. This is a feature release with a bunch of bugs fixed for good measure. Improvements are for instance a new drum track type, improved wave editor, improved MIDI import/export and improved controller editing.
Some more changes:
- New type of drum track with easier instrument handling.
- Introducing: Improved Wave Editor.
- Longtime wierdness in MusE, song-type is finally removed.
- Improved: Deicsonze soft synthesizer: Fixed crash, bugs, added ladspa plugins.
- Added: Request from forums: Auto-start Jack upon MusE startup. Command-line disable switch -J added.
- Added aftertouch controller handling.
- Piano KB and drum list show coloured dots when per-pitch controllers exist or have data.
- Improved: Instrument Editor (controller tab): Redesigned. Fixed MANY bugs.
- Improved: MIDI controller graph 'Ctrl' popup menus now unified (cascading).
- Improved: built-in templates and removed lots of unneeded definitions.
- Improved: Velocity graphs. Icon for showing per-note or all velocities.
- Improved: Piano KB has current selected note (yellow). For velocity/polyaftertouch/other per-note ctrls.
- Added 'speaker' icon to drum edit. And drum list and piano keyboard now obey the 'speaker' icon.
- Improved: Multi-port (aka multi-channel) MIDI import and export.
- Added Gain knob on channel strip for audio tracks.
- Changed WaveTrack and AudioInput to create mono tracks instead of stereo.
- Added handling of missing soundfonts in fluidsynth load so a dialog asking for replacement soundfont pops up.
- Added: Informative text on Undo/Redo buttons/menu text/tooltips ("Undo AddTrack" etc).
- Fixed CR:3567893 Play Event on note creation.
- Bug 3555569, 3555572: New informative ERROR, WARNING and HINT messages in cmake build script.
- Bug 3555581: No synths listed in Edit menu: main.cpp: Move initMidiSynth() ahead of MusE.
- Feature request 3565102: FLAC audio file import.
- Fix for forum topic "Ordering of simultaneous events".
- Summer sleep is over. plugins can now be grouped.
- Finished the Sysex Editor in the Instrument Editor.
- increased zoom range in arranger, reversed zoom in wave editor.
For more information and additional changes see the full change-log.
09 Apr 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.2
29 Jan 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.1
02 Jul 2012 MusE 2.0 Now Available
18 Jan 2012 MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 2 Now Available
04 May 2011 MusE 2.0 Beta Now Available
05 Jan 2011 MusE 2.0alpha Now Available
05 Oct 2010 MusE updated to v1.1
17 Jan 2010 MusE updated to v1.0.1
22 Dec 2009 MusE v1.0 released
22 Jun 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC3 now available
07 May 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC2 now available
03 Sep 2007 MusE v0.9 Now Available
23 Aug 2007 MusE v0.9pre3 Now Available
09 Jan 2007 MusE v1.0 alpha Now Available
07 Jan 2007 MusE v0.9pre2 Now Available
16 Nov 2006 MusE v0.9pre1 released
28 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8.1 released
20 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8 released