11th December 2012
Release Candidate 2 of MusE 2.1 is now available for Linux and includes native VST support as well as several bug fixes.
Release Candidate 1 was released back in November. This is a feature release with a bunch of bugs fixed for good measure. Improvements are for instance a new drum track type, improved wave editor, improved MIDI import/export and improved controller editing.
Some more changes:
- New type of drum track with easier instrument handling.
- Introducing: Improved Wave Editor.
- Longtime wierdness in MusE, song-type is finally removed.
- Improved: Deicsonze soft synthesizer: Fixed crash, bugs, added ladspa plugins.
- Added: Request from forums: Auto-start Jack upon MusE startup. Command-line disable switch -J added.
- Added aftertouch controller handling.
- Piano KB and drum list show coloured dots when per-pitch controllers exist or have data.
- Improved: Instrument Editor (controller tab): Redesigned. Fixed MANY bugs.
- Improved: MIDI controller graph 'Ctrl' popup menus now unified (cascading).
- Improved: built-in templates and removed lots of unneeded definitions.
- Improved: Velocity graphs. Icon for showing per-note or all velocities.
- Improved: Piano KB has current selected note (yellow). For velocity/polyaftertouch/other per-note ctrls.
- Added 'speaker' icon to drum edit. And drum list and piano keyboard now obey the 'speaker' icon.
- Improved: Multi-port (aka multi-channel) MIDI import and export.
- Added Gain knob on channel strip for audio tracks.
- Changed WaveTrack and AudioInput to create mono tracks instead of stereo.
- Added handling of missing soundfonts in fluidsynth load so a dialog asking for replacement soundfont pops up.
- Added: Informative text on Undo/Redo buttons/menu text/tooltips ("Undo AddTrack" etc).
- Fixed CR:3567893 Play Event on note creation.
- Bug 3555569, 3555572: New informative ERROR, WARNING and HINT messages in cmake build script.
- Bug 3555581: No synths listed in Edit menu: main.cpp: Move initMidiSynth() ahead of MusE.
- Feature request 3565102: FLAC audio file import.
- Fix for forum topic "Ordering of simultaneous events".
- Summer sleep is over. plugins can now be grouped.
- Finished the Sysex Editor in the Instrument Editor.
- increased zoom range in arranger, reversed zoom in wave editor.
For more information and additional changes see the full change-log.