4th May 2011
A beta version of MusE 2.0 is now available for download. MusE now sports a score editor (again) and lots of GUI love, not to speak of all under-the-hood improvements and optimizations. In its current state MusE should be quite usable though there is definitely going to be more fixes before the final 2.0 release.
Here is a selection of changes in no particular order, see the ChangeLog for the complete unedited truth:
- Feedback parameters added to LADSPA GUIs.
- Added new score editor.
- Song loading stability fixes, some crashes removed.
- Improved ladspa and dssi controller responsiveness.
- Lots of graphical improvements to arranger, part drawing, gradients, text drawing.
- Added more routing choices: Synth to Wave track, Wave track to Wave track etc.
- DSSI synths can now show generic LADSPA GUI as well as native.
- Improvements to MIDI-only audio-stub (dummy audio).
- More shortcuts added to Arranger.
- Support for custom LADSPA DSSI GUIs, such as those generated by FLAM http://vagar.org/code/projects/flam.
- Fixed problems with MIDI event list editor, e.g. problems selecting items while pianroll open.
- Added: Pianoroll controller graph items can now be selected/highlighted.
- Parts are now drawn while recording and also MIDI events visible in the parts.
- Added new edit mode CURSOR MODE in drum editor.
- Added simple part drawing while recording, does not draw events or waveform.
- Detect samplerate and warn if samplerate isn't same in song and system.
- Added show/hide track-types buttons to arranger.
- Added progress dialog for loading projects.
- Fixed drag & drop for plugins and drag presets from outside muse into a plugin.
- Support for multiple drops of files to arranger, e.g. easy import of a bunch of wave files.
- Fixed Organ synth crashing.
- Persistent store of toolbar locations for main window and editors.
- Fixed MusE failing with some non-RT kernels.
- Added cut/copy/paste and keyboard shortcuts to wave editor.
- Fixed regression with Bounce to File and Bounce to Track.
- Increased playback MIDIFifo size from 512 to 2100, to accommodate large block sends,.
- Fixed Jack MIDI 'lost event' messages due to full buffers.
- Fixed panic button.
- Completed soloing system (after 4 years). Support chaining MIDI Port/Audio Out -> Audio In.
- Support for editing audio automation on tracks.
- Added right-click on track ARM buttons, now enables/disables all tracks of it's kind.
- Added transport position "Shift + +/-" keys, for no snapping.
- Fixed deicsonze synth patch loading.
- Added default velocity controllers to pianoroll and drum edit.
- Appearance part color names now can now be edited.
- Mixer label colours can now be edited in the appearance settings.
- More wallpapers.
- Fixed focus stealing of transport.
- New project creation dialog.
- MIDI track info added to pianoroll.
- Added fancy background selection widget with live preview to Appearance Settings.
The full changelog is available here.
09 Apr 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.2
29 Jan 2013 MusE updated to v2.1.1
02 Jul 2012 MusE 2.0 Now Available
18 Jan 2012 MusE 2.0 Release Candidate 2 Now Available
04 May 2011 MusE 2.0 Beta Now Available
05 Jan 2011 MusE 2.0alpha Now Available
05 Oct 2010 MusE updated to v1.1
17 Jan 2010 MusE updated to v1.0.1
22 Dec 2009 MusE v1.0 released
22 Jun 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC3 now available
07 May 2009 MusE - Linux Music Editor v1.0 RC2 now available
03 Sep 2007 MusE v0.9 Now Available
23 Aug 2007 MusE v0.9pre3 Now Available
09 Jan 2007 MusE v1.0 alpha Now Available
07 Jan 2007 MusE v0.9pre2 Now Available
16 Nov 2006 MusE v0.9pre1 released
28 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8.1 released
20 Mar 2006 MusE v0.8 released