7th July 2005
Please note that several issues have been fixed since the public beta version and all users are advised to update to v1.3 final.
New Feature Summary:
- Support for Plugins with Multiple Outputs: Some multi-timbral plugins feature the ability to assign their different sounds to different output channels. Receptor now supports plugins with multiple outputs.
- Support for developer-specific challenge/response registration: It's now possible to use some developers' own challenge/response applications to register plugins, authorizing them for use on Receptor. Although a special Receptorized installer must still be downloaded from Plugorama (not yet available), Receptor's native iLok authorization is not involved and no Receptor cross-grade is required - rather, registration and authorization is performed using the developer's own copy protection method. For now, this feature is used mostly for installing some Native Instruments products, plus 3rd-party sample libraries that are based on Native Instruments' Kompakt or Kontakt Player - but others will likely follow.
- Lock and Unlock Patch Banks: Previous versions of Receptor had "RAM banks" and "ROM banks". You could modify RAM banks all you wanted, by ROM banks could not be modified or deleted in any way. Receptor no longer uses the "ROM" and "RAM" terminology - rather, a bank is either "locked" or "unlocked" and you may choose which banks are locked and which are not.
- New Key Commands: 29 new key-commands have been added to allow quicker access to more Receptor functions without using a mouse.
- MIDI CC Display for Plugins: Receptor has always featured extensive MIDI control capabilities, in which plugin parameters can be controlled either with dedicated NRPNs or with a system of dynamic MIDI CC assignments. You can use simple MIDI CC messages to control the first 16 parameters of any source plugin and the first 4 parameters of each FX plugin. Since parameter order determines, in part, what MIDI CC messages will control which parameters, it makes sense to display MIDI CC messages in Receptor's Parameter Order panel.
- Mono VSTi's now work via "unsupported plugins" folder: Receptor is now able to play mono VSTi's that you install using its "unsupported plugins" folder. This makes Receptor compatible with a number of excellent freeware synths, such as MinimogueVA, Arppe2600va, and many others that are available on the internet (search for free, unsupported plugins here at KVR). As with other mono instruments, Receptor doubles the output of mono instruments, so they always feed a stereo Receptor channel and/or stereo-in/stereo-out effects.
Bug Fixes Many minor issues, annoyances, obscurities, and minutia have been addressed. In addition, the following are some of the more obvious bug-fixes included with v1.3:
- Samples larger than 1 GB will now load. Previously, users with over than 1 GB of RAM were not able to load samples larger than 1 GB. This limit has now been removed.
- Plugin Overview icons for the Master channel now appear. Previously, the little FXA, B, and C icons did not appear in the Master channel.
13 Jan 2011 Muse Research announces RECEPTOR 2+ Line
08 Nov 2010 Muse Research announces Ivory II for RECEPTOR 2
27 Jan 2010 Ohm Force announces Remix Cohmpetition 2010
18 Jul 2008 Pianoteq v2.3 now available for Receptor
21 Jul 2006 BFD now on Receptor
23 May 2006 AAS String Studio VS-1 now on Receptor
30 Dec 2005 discoDSP Discovery for Receptor now 20% off
19 Oct 2005 BFD Lite for Receptor now available