16th November 2006
Version 0.9pre1 of MusE is now available. This is the first pre-release of MusE 0.9.
The main feature improvement in 0.9 is the addition of plugin automation as well as fixes to the already present automation features (they actually work now). There is no graphical automation editor as will be present in 1.0, all automatable parameters do however have a right click menu as a working replacement.
There is usage information concerning automation embedded in the ChangeLog so be sure to read the relevant parts. There are also a bunch of other fixes and
improvements, check the ChangeLog for a complete list.
Excerpt from the ChangeLog:
- Adopted RT locking method from 1.0 branch.
- Fixed old bug - DoubleLabel right click causes popup and runaway increment.
- Changing global tempo now updates things. (Like resizing wave tracks).
- Fixed LADSPA plugin automation not working until plugin displayed.
- Select right item when stacked on top of each other, for p-roll and arranger.
- Apply effect rack before sending aux.
- Auto assign internal soft synths upon creation.
- New method for pasting parts, keep original spacing, fixes bug #1516294.
- Muting of midi-tracks no longer mute input, bug #1092343.
- Fixed issue with playing of controllers when moving playhead, bug #1316542.
- Cached peak files now updated when wave files are more recent, bug #1469177.
- Fixed bug with recording notes to existing part, bug #1552783.
- MusE now asks when imported wave file has differing sample rate, bug #1428248.
- Fix for pianoroll selection of events in/outside loop with respect to offset.
- Added rubberband scrolling in arranger, drumedit and pianoroll, bug #1057732.
- Changed colours of audio-out and wave strip names to match icon colours.
- Fixed aux sending.
- Fix logarithmic feedback to plugin sliders.
- Fixed multiple part undo for move,drag and copy in arranger, bug #1516298.
- Fixed multiple note undo for move and drag in pianoroll.
- Fixed cursor placement in List Editor upon deleting events bug #1417718.
- Fixed soloing. Also multiple soloing now allowed.
- Enabled solo buttons on the mixer strips.
- Fixed major issues with rack plugin moving, saving and loading.
- Fixed problems with multiple tempo changes and incorrect wave part lengths.
- Changed plugin code to use double instead of float to stop certain errors.
- Fixed some minor spelling mistakes.
- Fixed issues with audio track automation.
- Fixed very 'jumpy' volume sliders and pan knobs under automation.
- Fixed several other small problems. For example a duplicate define in song.h.
- Changed the way audio track automation works.
- Full LADSPA plugin automation.
- fluidsynth: fixed pitchbend events, fixes bug #1404212.
- Editing volume and pan with keyboard on audio strip now works.
- Fixed issue with recording audio, fifo could overflow with small jack sizes.
- fixed storing of files with relative path when "under" the project path.