MusicDevelopments has updated RapidComposer to v2.7. The latest update includes rewritten chord suggestions system, chord progression generation, chord progression rules editing, phrase local history and other workflow improvements as well as some bug fixes.
- Chord suggestions (left click on a chord).
- It is easier to input chords using the MIDI keyboard or by entering text.
- Phrase local history implemented: save and recall previous states of phrase generation.
- The scale, tempo and signature properties are displayed on the master track and editable with a single click. Right/secondary click on the master track allows you to add or remove scale/tempo/signature.
- Chord progression rules editing.
- Chord progression generation based on probability rules.
- About 260 new chord progressions for major and minor scales used in pop music (registered version only).
- It is possible to set the initial length of the inserted phrase generators.
- New phrase variation: 'Spread Out Chord Notes' to make a fuller sound from any phrase.
- 4 new schemes are added to the Chord Generator to spread out chord notes in octaves.
- Chord names fixed in traditional notation.
- Fixes in chord palette to remember window size.
- Bug fix: crashing issues when enabling "Start With Empty Master Track" fixed.
- Bug fix: freezing when saving composition for the first time eliminated.
- Bug fix: MIDI export and MIDI drag and drop from the VST plug-in to the host did not work well.
- Bug fix: chord preview did not work well in the VST plug-in.
- Other bug fixes.
For more information: http://www.musicdevelopments.com