6th March 2006
MusicLab has released the Mac OS X version of RealGuitar v2.0, which adds a number of new features to let you emulate guitar performance in an even more realistic way while creating solo and accompaniment parts for your songs.
RealGuitar 2 features
Pattern Manager (available only in 2L version):
RealGuitar is now equipped with powerful multi-functional built-in Pattern Manager letting you use RG MIDI Pattern Library for creating guitar accompaniment parts in the whole new and convenient way.
- Complete RG MIDI Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns).
- Pattern Tree view: allowing to find/select rhythm patterns right from RealGuitar.
- Pattern view: graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern (differently colored 'Piano Roll' type bars allow to easily visualize Up/Down, Up/Down Muted, Slow Strums, individual string Strokes, etc.).
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer, even with RealGuitar standalone run.
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature...
- Drag'n'Drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track (pattern is automatically multiplied by the assigned number of measures).
- Real time pattern arranging (dramatic changing pattern performance on the fly):
- Add/reduce dynamics (velo+).
- Randomize dynamics.
- Apply velocity of trigger chord to pattern dynamics.
- Continuous dynamics changes (+/- velocity assigned to Pitch Bender controller).
Features added to Solo mode:
- Hammer-on, Pull-off.
- Hammer-on with automatic Pull-off on key release.
- Legato Slide (up and down) - automatic slide between any two pressed notes.
- Note-Off Repetition - automatically repeating the released note(s) to easily perform tremolo technique.
- 4 Key Switch FX keys (C1, C#1, D1, D#1) let you assign and use up to 4 various guitar effects in the same performance.
- 'Silent' Key Switch mode - allows to switch to new sound (Key Switch FX) without muting the previous one (e.g. performing Harmonics over sustained bass note).
- Pedal Switch FX - switching to various guitar effects/articulations by pressing Sustain Pedal.
Feature added to Chords mode:
- Number of Strings - now it is possible to also disable upper strings in a chord (similar to current version lower strings disabling), so you can play chords without 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. strings, i.e. reduce # of strings used for the chord up to any middle one.
Features added to Chords, Bass&Chord, Bass&Pick modes:
- Slash Bass Chords - all chordal modes now have '/Bass' option that allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass (including its own III, V (and Root of course)). That adds 800 more new chord voicings to 1000 available in version 1.5.
- Legato Chords - allows to sustain note(s) on chord change if the same note(s)/string/fret is being triggered in the previous chord.
- RealGuitar 2L version includes built-in Pattern Manager and complete RG Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns).
- RealGuitar 2 version doesn't include Pattern Manager and RG Pattern Library.
- RealGuitar 1.5 without Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2 ($49).
- RealGuitar 1.5 without Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2L ($99).
- RealGuitar 1.5 with one part of Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2L ($75).
- RealGuitar 1.5 with complete Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2L ($49).
28 Dec 2009 MusicLab releases RealLPC (Les Paul Custom)
16 Nov 2009 MusicLab announces RealLPC (Les Paul Custom)
02 Dec 2008 MusicLab announces Winter Special Offer
16 Oct 2007 MusicLab releases RealStrat demo version
10 Sep 2007 MusicLab releases RealStrat
18 Jul 2007 MusicLab announces RealStrat
26 Jun 2007 MusicLab updates RealGuitar to v2.1.5