6th March 2006
MusicLab has released the Mac OS X version of RealGuitar v2.0, which adds a number of new features to let you emulate guitar performance in an even more realistic way while creating solo and accompaniment parts for your songs.
RealGuitar 2 features
Pattern Manager (available only in 2L version):
RealGuitar is now equipped with powerful multi-functional built-in Pattern Manager letting you use RG MIDI Pattern Library for creating guitar accompaniment parts in the whole new and convenient way.
- Complete RG MIDI Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns).
- Pattern Tree view: allowing to find/select rhythm patterns right from RealGuitar.
- Pattern view: graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern (differently colored 'Piano Roll' type bars allow to easily visualize Up/Down, Up/Down Muted, Slow Strums, individual string Strokes, etc.).
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer, even with RealGuitar standalone run.
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature...
- Drag'n'Drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track (pattern is automatically multiplied by the assigned number of measures).
- Real time pattern arranging (dramatic changing pattern performance on the fly):
- Add/reduce dynamics (velo+).
- Randomize dynamics.
- Apply velocity of trigger chord to pattern dynamics.
- Continuous dynamics changes (+/- velocity assigned to Pitch Bender controller).
Features added to Solo mode:
- Hammer-on, Pull-off.
- Hammer-on with automatic Pull-off on key release.
- Legato Slide (up and down) - automatic slide between any two pressed notes.
- Note-Off Repetition - automatically repeating the released note(s) to easily perform tremolo technique.
- 4 Key Switch FX keys (C1, C#1, D1, D#1) let you assign and use up to 4 various guitar effects in the same performance.
- 'Silent' Key Switch mode - allows to switch to new sound (Key Switch FX) without muting the previous one (e.g. performing Harmonics over sustained bass note).
- Pedal Switch FX - switching to various guitar effects/articulations by pressing Sustain Pedal.
Feature added to Chords mode:
- Number of Strings - now it is possible to also disable upper strings in a chord (similar to current version lower strings disabling), so you can play chords without 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. strings, i.e. reduce # of strings used for the chord up to any middle one.
Features added to Chords, Bass&Chord, Bass&Pick modes:
- Slash Bass Chords - all chordal modes now have '/Bass' option that allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass (including its own III, V (and Root of course)). That adds 800 more new chord voicings to 1000 available in version 1.5.
- Legato Chords - allows to sustain note(s) on chord change if the same note(s)/string/fret is being triggered in the previous chord.
- RealGuitar 2L version includes built-in Pattern Manager and complete RG Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns).
- RealGuitar 2 version doesn't include Pattern Manager and RG Pattern Library.
- RealGuitar 1.5 without Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2 ($49).
- RealGuitar 1.5 without Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2L ($99).
- RealGuitar 1.5 with one part of Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2L ($75).
- RealGuitar 1.5 with complete Pattern Library -> RealGuitar 2L ($49).