28th March 2012
MuTools has announced the release of MuLab 4.1 (actually v4.1.8).
- The Session Modular Area has been replaced by a complete MUX resulting in these benefits:
- Simplified MuLab architecture.
- You can make a custom Play Editor with session parameters/editors.
- You can use session-level meta-parameters.
- Simplified MIDI controller mapping hierarchy.
- Session MUX Editors can be hidden to the dock.
- The whole session can be transposed.
- Audio Inverter module.
- New "Split Per MIDI Channel" composition function. This function also is automatically used on importing MIDI files.
- Integrated user movie recorder.
- Evolved MuVerb:
- Includes a filter that colors the reverb only.
- Decay Time up to 100%.
- Instability parameter transformed into Turbulence Amp + Speed.
- Restyled editor.
- Fine-tuned audio alert when crossing limits in MuLab Free/XT, using a soft noise instead of a (creepy?) voice.
- Improved multi-monitor support.
- Audio Lab: [Alt]+click = monitor selection/slice.
- Drag-dropping a module on a track now preserves the target MIDI channel.
- The event outputs in the Session MUX are auto named to the respective MIDI output port.
- Track -> "Choose Target Module" function back in play.
- Targets default at MIDI channel 1 instead of 'none'. So e.g. when recording a new audio track, the track's MIDI channel is set to 1 instead of "Per Part".
- MultiSampla now is velocity sensitive by default.
- AudioBalancer 1->2 and 2->1: Gain parameter modulation now uses multiplication instead of summing.
- Fine-tuned auto-focus module behavior, especially in the modular editor.
- Fine-tuned UI of indicating selections in a list.
- Composer/Sequence Editor Grid Panel: When popping up the grid list, actual grid is clearly indicated.
- Fine-tuned loading of M3 sessions.
- Racks: Mouse wheel events that occur inside the same vertical area as the mixerstrip do not scroll the rack desk for otherwise this may unintentionally change the volume/pan sliders.
- Several UI enhancements.
- Internal tunings & restructurings.
- Dropping a VST parameter on a MUX meta-parameter caused a crash.
- In some cases, when loading another MUX patch, dependent Play Editors were not properly updated.
- Fixed several editing issues wrt using multiple MIDI channels per track.
- Session -> Manage Audio Files didn't work as intended. Fixed.
- The 'Output' setting of multi-sample zones was not loaded/saved.
- MuLab Free/XT: When user had 8/16 VSTs in database (exactly the limit) then on quit the product versions web-page was still shown.
- When popping up the patch/module list, the MUX patches didn't have an icon.
- While dragging envelope points the envelope wasn't played.
26 Apr 2013 MuTools updates MuLab and MUX VST to 5.1.5
05 Apr 2013 MuTools updates MuLab and MUX VST to 5.1
18 Feb 2013 MuTools updates MuLab & MUX VST to v5.0.41
11 Feb 2013 MuTools releases MuLab 5 and MUX 5 VST
31 Jan 2013 MuTools pre-releases MuLab 5 and MUX 5 VST
19 Oct 2012 MuTools updates MUX VST to v1.2.0
18 Oct 2012 MuTools updates MuLab to v4.5.1
21 Sep 2012 MuTools launches MuLab Demo Session Contest
07 Sep 2012 MuTools updates MuLab to v4.4.6
22 Aug 2012 MuTools updates MuLab to v4.4.2
20 Jul 2012 MuTools updates MuLab to v4.3.10
19 Jun 2012 MuTools updates MuLab to v4.2.2
14 May 2012 MuTools releases MuLab 4.1.17
04 Apr 2012 MuTools releases MuVerb 2 VST for Windows
28 Mar 2012 MuTools releases MuLab 4.1
13 Feb 2012 MUTOOLS releases MuLab 4
04 Jan 2012 MUTOOLS announces MU.LAB 4 Pre-Release
11 Apr 2011 MUTOOLS updates MU.LAB to v3.2.14