MuLab & MUX 5 highlights:
- Multi-Core Audio Engine (MuLab).
- Integrated Multi-Functional Browser.
- Extended Drag-Drop Support.
- Enhanced Automation & Modulation Envelopes.
- Extended MUX Power.
- Enhanced Support For Designing Your Own MUX Front Panels.
- Restyled User Interface.
- More Than 100 Improvements.
Latest changes in this M5.0.39 release version since the M5.0.37 pre-release:
MuLab + Common
- Removed the "DroppedAudioFilesLengthThreshold" preference and replaced that decision logic by an explicit popup choice dialog. So when dropping an audio/sample file on the composer you get an explicit choice how to use this audio: As a streamed audio file, as a pitched sample or as a sliced sample.
- Also when dropping audio files (Aiff, Wave, Mp3, Ogg) into the browser more appropriate logic is used.
- New "SampleFileLengthWarningThreshold" preference, in seconds.
- If you're trying to load samples that are longer than this preference, a warning question will popup. Default = 300 secs = 5 minutes.
- You can now also drag-drop audio files and samples below the tracks in the composer so to create a new track with this audiofile/sample.
- Fixed+tuned the behavior of the browser splitter.
- More explicit coloring of selected items in lists.
- More explicit darkening of the inactive region in the sequence and envelope editors.
- Fixed a possible little problem with drawing notes on odd grids.
- OS X: Fixed a couple of issues in the MIDI IO engine.
- A couple of little optimizations.
- Finetuned a couple of aspects in the library.
- You can now also drag-drop MuClips into a MUX deep editor.
- When editing individual envelope points the time field did not use the envelope grid to step to the previous/next time positions. Fixed.
- Finetuned behavior when pasting envelope points on grids like 1/24th.
- Fixed a couple of coloring issues wrt custom front panels.
- Fixed a potential crash bug when loading presets into the Multi-Point Envelope.
- Added a bunch of preset shortcuts to the package e.g. Undo, Redo, Select All, etc.
- Fixed a problem wrt using push buttons.
- Implemented a workaround for a VST implementation bug in Ableton Live 8.
- Tightened certain aspects in the MuTools VST interface (plug-in side) resulting in a more stable interface.
New M5 movie tutorial: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVTeD6els3s