nashNET has updated reViSiT Pro to v1.3.3, featuring a couple of major improvements:
- A completely new timing approach for external MIDI (e.g. LoopBe1, MIDIOX, hardware interfaces). reViSiT now uses queue timers, the cream of Windows timers; replacing the previous multimedia timer-based approach. The result should be a noticeably tighter performance, especially when bouncing down or exporting to audio. For the best timing performance, in general, try to use low-latencies with your audio driver.
- Improved support for Vista and Windows 7. Specifically, for anyone suffering help/font problems. The installation procedure has been changed to address these issues (which were caused by the UAC (User Access Control) features of Win Vista and 7). As a result, the download is a little bigger, and manual installation a little more complicated. For this reason, the alternative .ZIP distribution has been discontinued.
Changes in v1.3.3:
- [MOD] New, improved (queue) timing for External MIDI.
- [MOD] Help and font files now extracted at setup, to address UAC issues, in Vista/Windows 7.
- [FIX] External MIDI stops working after MIDI reset.