21st June 2006
Native Instruments has released Akoustik Piano v1.1. This new version now supports up to 150 voices and includes many other performance enhancements. It also features an improved user-interface as well as a new recorder, stretched tuning, re-pedalling and a bass boost. Akoustik Piano 1.1 or higher now also supports both Kontakt 2 and Kore.
- The English version of the PDF manual has been completely updated to reflect the current version.
- GUI navigation has been enhanced: there are three views in stand-alone mode and two views in plug-in mode (hotkeys are F1, F2, and F3).
- Recorder usage has been enhanced and MIDI song import added (track selection hotkeys are now obsolete).
- Hotkeys are now being sent to the host in plug-in versions.
- Each note in all instruments has been readjusted for evenness and retuned; bad samples were replaced with other samples from the original release, i.e. the number of samples and layers can be lower than originally specified depending on the instrument.
- Repedalling is now supported.
- Stretched tuning has been added (new default for all pianos).
- Maximum voices have been increased to 75, 100, and 150.
- Three different bass boost setting have been added.
- MIDI automation for volume (CC#7) and Pan (CC#10) has been added.
- The library can now be fully used in Kontakt 2.1 and Kore.
- A limiter effect has been added to the output in order to avoid distortion when you hit the keys harder than usual.
- The "ConcertGrand Phil's" preset represents one dedicated piano lover's attempt to further refine the tonal perfection of AKOUSTIK PIANO; see the forum for more info and possible improvements.
- The "ConcertGrand with Overtones by Olivier" was enhanced with additional scripts by Olivier Frappier; play keys very softly to only trigger overtones via another key e.g. an octave below.
- BROWSER: Demos only play back in mono.
- CONTENT: Bösendorfer custom -- too loud.
- CONTENT: Concert Grand: Note G5 played at highest velocity has no sample triggered.
- CONTECT: Concert Grand: there is no samples on note A1.
- CONTENT: Input script change-velo out of range error.
- CONTENT: Key_noise voices management needs improvement.
- CONTENT: Repeated notes bug with sustain pedal down.
- CONTENT: slight clicks and cut-off notes when using sustain pedal.
- CONTENT: the ECO mode is causing feedback loop for Cathedral.
- DOCUMENTATION: documentation says pad 3 is shortcut for turning on/off metronome. but only pad 5 does it.
- DOCUMENTATION: in manual it says recorder is part of editors view. it's part of players view.
- DOCUMENTATION: Page 45, Sostenuto Pedal is CC 66 not CC 67.
- DOCUMENTATION: the description of reverb color (pg 50) doesn't coincide with the actual GUI.
- DOCUMENTATION: Typo on bottom of page 46.
- HOST: AP won't play correctly in PT7 using 2 RTAS Processors.
- HOST: Graphic EQ sticks to cursor.
- HOST: Sonar 2..4: timing offsets, double notes and note hangers.
- HOST: start play back on first MIDI note in a sequence (Logic 7). the sound is cut off.
- RECORDER: Track recorder causes audio to stutter and drop out .
- STATUS: "!" should not get red when user clicks on it.
25 Feb 2014 Native Instruments releases Supercharger GT