Neocymatics has announced that, after a long period of detailed research, development and fine-tuning, it has released the Hybrid Strings library for Kontakt 5, which is described as "an innovative approach to both Solo and Section Strings". It costs €249.
Hybrid Strings is three Libraries in one, each with its own character and tone:
- Studio Strings: Bright, professional sound that fits in the mix out of the box. The best choice for Orchestral Scoring.
- Live Strings: Lush, warm sound, perfectly suitable for realistic solos, covering almost every music genre from Classical to Ethnic.
- Electric Strings: Sharp, imposing sound that will cut through the mix. The alternative approach to Strings' sound, bringing new air to musical experimentation.
- Crystal-clear Audio Quality, Ultra Dry Sound with full control over Room/Air.
- Dynamic Amplitude Sound Shaping, controlled through Breath Controller/Expression Pedal or any MIDI CC of the user's choice.
- True Legato Performance - Realistic Trills.
- Bow-Change simulation.
- Real-time portamento/glissando with variable Finger-String contact and full control over portamento time.
- Fully controlled real-time Vibrato with variety of techniques/intensity.
- Fully controlled String Resonances/Harmonics for every note.
- Formant-correct realistic Pitch-Bend action.
- Real-time control over Attack Dynamics for both monophonic and polyphonic playing.
- Increased playability with only 3 articulations to cover the full range of playing techniques (staccato, spiccato, legato, pizzicato, tremolo, portamento, polyphonic playing) in only 1 patch per instrument.
- FX Processor tweaked for every instrument respectively, with assignable controllers for real-time sound morphing. Included Effects are: Saturation, Brightness, Warmth, Preamp Boost, Bite, Convolution Reverb, Room and Stereo Image.
- 30 custom Impulse Responses that will truly transform your sound, ranging from Short Spaces and Early Reflections to Huge Halls and Concert Stages, all recorded at 96 kHz.
- Individual Note Microtuning with 200 cents range, including 22 ready presets of Byzantine Sounds, Middle Eastern Scales, Arabic Maqams and Miscellaneous Tunings (Pythagorean, Just Intonation etc) - Ability to transpose every Tuning to any Base Note. All Tunings use precision of 2 decimal numbers.
24 May 2013 AudioThing releases "Glass" for Kontakt
22 May 2013 dboxSamples releases "dmoox" for Kontakt
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt