11th April 2011
Nils Schneider has released GPU Impulse Reverb, a new convolution reverb plug-in that does the full reverb computation on a NVidia Geforce / ATI Radeon HD graphics adapter or any other OpenCL compatible device and has a CPU consumption of nearly 0%. The plug-in requires an OpenCL capable device and recent drivers.
The plug-in loads impulse responses from stereo WAV and true stereo WAV Files (quad-channel) between 8 and 32 bit, it can be inserted as a FX plug-in in all VST2 compatible hosts, such as Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio, etc.
Changes to previous (free) version:
- GUI completely redesigned.
- Whole processing engine switched from CUDA to OpenCL to support more devices (like ATI Radeon HD and others).
- Latency reduced drastically, now only one ASIO blocksize.
- Attack/Release/Length envelope added.
- 2-Band EQ added.
- Native x64 version.
- Performance improvements.
- Several bug and stability fixes.
Pricing & Availability
GPU Impulse Reverb costs €49 and is available for Windows and Windows x64 as a VST effect plug-in. A demo version with limited capabilities is available free to download from the product website.
11 Apr 2011 Nils Schneider releases GPU Impulse Reverb VST