Nine Volt Audio has released Global Hand: West Africa, a flexible collection of loops featuring a wide range of West African instruments performed in both traditional and contemporary styles.
Nine Volt Audio states: "Through the use of over a dozen different drums and an array of small hand percussion, Global Hand provides performances designed to conjure up sounds of distant villages but with studio quality recordings. Furthermore, the playing is both tight and rhythmically authentic, capturing the micro-timing and nuanced rhythmic interplay that has been developed over the centuries".
Stylus RMX users will enjoy a layout that enables easy improvisation of entire percussion tracks. And as part of the BPM Flex Series, the Stylus RMX and REX loops can be used at extremely wide ranges of tempo while retaining a natural sound. Additionally, Stylus RMX users will experience a new and exclusive feature, previously only available to owners of The Beat Aesthetic: Taiko Edition: multi-track loops and MIDI files triggered from a single channel. Check out the video demo below to see them in action.
Global Hand: West Africa is available at an introductory price of $79.99 (regular $99.99) at www.NineVoltAudio.com.
- Global Hand: West Africa features 1000+ files in the Stylus RMX and REX2 formats. It is available via Download only. Download for the REX2 format is broken into two files between 500-600 MB. Download for the Stylus RMX format is broken into five 500-600 MB files.
- Each instrument was recorded dry from a close (but not too close) microphone perspective.
- Global Hand is organized into 20 rhythmic suites with ten focused on traditional rhythms and ten on contemporary styles.
- Each suite has an intro loop, an end hit/one-shot, and a minimum of five rhythms and five fills for each drum and/or percussion loop.
- Traditional rhythmic suites feature an ensemble of five drums: two djembe and three dunun (dununba, sangban and kenkeni). In most instances, each drum plays a discrete part. Traditional suites also feature bells.
- Contemporary suites feature one or two drums each (djembe, udu and bara) and are supported by a range of small hand percussion (shakers, gankogui, sticks).
- The library covers a tempo range of 75-135 BPM. But as part of the BPM Flex Series, both formats can be used at a wide range of tempos while remaining intact and on time.
- All loops are in 44.1kHz/24bit resolution.
- Stylus RMX Specific Info:
- Global Hand features exclusive multi-track loop and MIDI files which allow multiple loops to be played and edited from a single RMX channel.
- Global Hand does not require the user to convert the library using RMX's SAGE Converter. Simply decompress the files and drag-and-drop the "Global Hand – West Africa" folder into RMX's "User Libraries" folder. Although it's quick and easy, we supply visual instruction in the .pdf.
16 Sep 2013 Nine Volt Audio: 50% off Shimmer & Shake
08 May 2012 Final Week for Nine Volt Audio Two-for-One Sale
07 Apr 2011 Nine Volt Audio Announces Two-for-One Sale
04 Jul 2013 dboxSamples releases Xp04 / Tech-Drums
09 May 2012 Resonance Sound releases SOR Clicks & FX Vol.1
30 Jul 2011 Eric Persing Interview
15 Jul 2011 Zero-G releases Electro Glitch Essentials