17th July 2014
Novation has announced Launch Control XL, which is described as "the ultimate mixer and device controller for Ableton Live".
Launch Control XL features 24 knobs laid out in three rows of eight, just like Ableton's mixer interface. Along with the 16 multicoloured buttons and eight chunky faders, all the controls integrate seamlessly with Live from the very start, yet are entirely re-assignable to any other parameter:
- Get immediate hands-on control over Ableton Live.
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multi-coloured indicators.
- Get precise control over your levels with eight rugged faders.
- Take it anywhere: it's tough enough to handle any live situation.
- Create your own control layouts by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton.
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing.
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls.
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection (1GB).
- Control MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit.
In the video below, Jack from Avec Sans uses his Launch Control XL alongside two Launchpad Ss and an Impulse, to control everything in Ableton at once: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kH5SYm-B0