7th November 2011
Novation has announced that Automap 4.1 is here, bringing the brand new, full-featured version of Automap control software to all Novation controllers, including the flagship SL MkII.
Automap is free software that comes with all Novation controllers. It gives you instant access to your DAW and plug-ins so you can get hands-on control of your music software. It features a software edit page that graphically shows what is assigned to which knob, fader or button on the hardware. Automap 4 has a re-designed GUI and now features a notification system that pops up in the corner of your monitor to tell you what you are controlling when you move a knob, slider or button.
Automap 4 was launched with Novation's new Impulse controller keyboard range in Summer 2011. The v4.1 update now enables Novation’s top of the range SL MkII controllers to work with Automap 4 for instant assignment and convenient control. Other Novation controllers and keyboards are now also compatible with Automap 4 including: Nocturn, Launchpad, UltraNova, ReMOTE SL, Nocturn Keyboard and the SL Compact.
Automap is the original music software control technology. It was launched in 2006 and has evolved over the years with significant workflow improvements. Automap 4 is simple to set up and start using right away, and gives you unparalleled control over your DAW and plug-in instruments/effects.
New features in Automap 4.1:
- New notification system.
- New Setup Wizard.
- Automap icon now appears in menu bar (Mac) and System Tray (Windows).
- Re-designed mappings browser list, mapping editor, and learn system.
- Added parameter "Search" function.
- Additional tool bar in mapping editor.
- "Launch Automap at login" feature.
- Included Windows Novation USB driver 2.3.
- Updated default mappings for major DAWs.
- Updated setup guides for major DAWs.
- Various bug fixes.
- Updated Impulse firmware to version 657.
- Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) 10.6.8.
- Mac OS X (Lion) 10.7.2 or later.
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit.
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
For more information visit: novationmusic.com/automap