9th March 2012
Novation has updated Automap to version 4.3, which brings support to four more DAWs so all Novation controllers, including Impulse, SL MkII and Nocturn, now work seamlessly with more music software than ever.
The v4.3 update brings support for Logic Express, Studio One, Digital Performer and Reaper, adding to the list of other supported DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Reason and Ableton Live. It also improves plug-in performance with Ableton Live and re-introduces the popular Follow Focus feature, which enables you to automatically focus on the plug-in you are currently using.
Changes and fixes:
- Revised Plug-In focus follow on screen option.
- Added HUI support for Reaper, Studio One, Digital Performer and Pro Tools LE in Setup Wizard.
- Added support for Logic Express 9 in Setup Wizard.
- Green light will come on for all HUI-supported DAWs on the same system.
- Added 'Ignore HUI heartbeat messages' in HUI setting (only tick this box if you are a Reaper user).
- Added Automap mode to Impulse's Plugin button when using with Ableton Live.
- Updated Impulse Firmware to version 663, now the Plugin button has two modes when use with Ableton Live. Mode 1 (constant light): to control Live device, Mode 2 (flashing light) to control Automap enabled plug-ins.
- Updated SL Mkii firmware to version 1.3.12.
- Updated Zero SL Mkii firmware to version 1.3.14.
- Fixed Automap asking for password when launching on DAW on OS X.
- Fixed VST3 not working when 'Follow on screen Plug-In where possible' is ticked (in the expense of Steinberg's VST3 plug-ins on screen rotaries not working, Windows only).
- Fixed VST plug-ins not auto focusing when using Sonar.
- Fixed track name not appearing after load a session with HUI in Digital Performer.
- Fixed automap enabled VST3 plug-ins crashing or not loading in Studio One.
- Fixed bug when plugging and unplugging hardware continuously on OS X Lion.
- Fixed garbled text in Notification window on Mac.
- Fixed not wrapping Focusrite Midnight suite in setup wizard.
- Fixed crash when tracking up and down with Impulse 25 using Reason.
- Merged Logic Express and Pro Tools LE guide with Logic Pro and Pro Tools.
- Improved Logic setup guide.
- Matched the text regarding Automap MIDI in advanced so it's now the same on Mac and PC.
- Reduced Mac and Win installer download size.
- Removed Mac PPC support.
- Fixed AU automation mis-write when touching a control while moving another.
- Fixed LED ring not displaying pan parameter when using Studio One.
- Fixed Preview button not working on Mac.
- Updated Studio One setup guide to include additional keyboard setup information.
- Changed the stop button behaviour in Studio One to match the Mackie HUI.
- Added messages to notify user to use 'Plugin' button to switch between Ableton Live mode and Automap mode.
- updated Impulse 25 encoder HUI mapping.
- Fixed crash with wrapped VST3 version of Melodyne with Studio One.
- Known issues:
- Windows only, Steinberg's VST3 plug-ins on screen rotaries not working when wrapped, untick 'Follow on screen Plug-In where possible' option in Preferences.
- when using HUI with Digital Performer, moving fader 1 will also move fader 8 in the Automap GUI. This will not affect session in most case. This is caused by DP sending CC7 on channel 1 back to Automap every time the first slider is being move.
- AU plug-ins name will appear strangely in Studio One when wrapped. This does not affect the performance of the plug-ins.
- Fabfilter VST3 not recognise on windows systems when wrapped.
- Waves 8 plug-in will not auto focus when wrapped or not wrapped.
- VST2 and VST3 plug-ins re-wrap is required for the new fixes to work.
- If you are using multiple version of Reaper, the naming of Reaper in Setup Wizard depends on which version you load first.
- If you have these versions of Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One and Digital Performer, the green light next to them will come on if one DAW is setup.
04 Sep 2013 Novation releases Launchkey Mini
15 May 2013 Novation updates Automap to v4.7
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S
08 Mar 2013 Novation releases Launchpad for iPad
23 Jan 2013 Novation announces Launchkey 25, 49 & 61
09 Mar 2012 Novation updates Automap to v4.3
10 Oct 2011 Novation updates Novation FX Suite to v1.2