Novation has updated Automap to version 4.4, which brings a number of important improvements including:
- Improved support for Reason on Impulse keyboards.
- A fix for black-note glissandos on Impulse keyboards.
- Built in uninstaller so you can quickly remove Automap for troubleshooting purposes.
Full list of changes in 4.4:
- Added Mac Automap Uninstaller in the Applications folder.
- Added support for Reason's Main Mixer (remember to lock Mixer to the master fader).
- Automap now installs extra virtual MIDI port 'Automap Propellerhead Mixer' for Reason's Main Mixer support.
- Updated Reason .lua file so that controllers can use either CC11 or CC65 for expression.
- Updated Dr Octo Rex parameters list.
- Updated Reason setup guide.
- Impulse keyboard will now auto-detect in Reason.
- Updated Impulse firmware to version 667: fixed MIDI note conflict when using zones; fixed black keys velocity response.
- Added Impulse 25 Fader as its own mapping.
- Fixed page button not paging in Reason mixer map.
- Fixed track up and down not working for non-Impulse controller on Reason mixer map.
- Removed out of date Reason's Impulse remote and lua files.
- Added 'shift forward' and 'shift rewind' to bank between 8 channels of mixer in Reason for Impulse 25.
- Added Logic 9 64 bit AU plug-in wrapper friendly option.
- Added Disable Learn feature.
- User with Remote SL Original will not be prompted to update OS if it is out of date.
- Widened plug-ins path column for Windows.
- Bigger font on first page of Setup Wizard.
- Automap will not allow install on OS X 10.5 system.
- Fixed AU plug-ins crashing in certain hosts.
- Added Reason Essential to setup wizard.
- Updated Live setup guide to include sync info.
- Updated DAW setup guide so it asks to connect hardware first before launching software.
- Added Launchpad setup guide for Ableton Live.
- Added default mapping for Cytomic The Glue.
- Improved Reason 14:2 default mapping SL MkII.
- Improved Logic mixer mapping for Remote SL (original).
- Improved Cubase StereoDelay mapping.
- Improved default mapping for LoopMash 2.
- Fixed potential crash when quitting from Dock on Mac.
- Fixed Automap hanging when quitting on Windows.
- Fixed Device Calibration window not opening in full size.
- Fixed blank screen and misalignment appearing in Device Calibration window.
- Fixed not being able to add a VST path folder if a subfolder is already in use on Windows.
- Fixed not being able to enter decimal value in the To/From box in parameter ranges.
- Fixed Fabfilter VST3 not being recognised in some Windows systems.
- Fixed host crashing when launching VST3 version of Waves H-delay.
- Fixed error when running Automap under non-admin in OS X.
- Fixed duplicated VST plug-ins crashing host when loaded. Re-wrapping plug-ins is required for this fix.
- Fixed Garageband crashing when loading.
- Fixed VST plug-ins not focusing under 64 bit Cubase.
- Fixed certain combinations of VST plug-ins causing Cubase to crash on quit or when the plugin UI was closed (Mac).
- Fixed incorrect version number when RTAS plug-ins are wrapped causing NI Service centre to prompt to upgrade the plugins. (If you have experienced this issue, please re-install the RTAS version of your plug-ins then re-wrap for this fix to work.).
- Fixed issue with some RTAS plug-ins not auto-focusing or crashing when changing focus.
- Some customers were experiencing issues with iLok authorisation failing after automap-enabling RTAS plugins, even after they were unwrapped. (If you are experiencing this issue, please re-install the RTAS version of your plug-ins then re-wrap for this fix to work.).
- Fixed learn mode auto turn off on Impulse mixer when trying to learn plug-ins parameter for Pro Tools.
- Removed options from range tab when QWERTY is being assigned.
- Fixed Learn mode not auto turning off after learning.
- Added additional notes in Mac Installation welcome screen regarding renaming and moving Automap.
- Fixed Hardware "Focus device" setting.
- Fixed not able to Learn with Impulse 25 on Windows.
25 Mar 2014 Novation updates Automap to v4.8
06 Mar 2014 Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack
04 Sep 2013 Novation releases Launchkey Mini
15 May 2013 Novation updates Automap to v4.7
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S
08 Mar 2013 Novation releases Launchpad for iPad
23 Jan 2013 Novation announces Launchkey 25, 49 & 61