5th July 2010
Novation has announced the release of version 3.5 of Automap. This new version of Automap — the software which enables Novation's keyboards and controllers to take instant control of DAWs and plug-ins — has a number of new features that make it even more powerful.
- Support for VST3 software (including Cubase & Nuendo plug-ins): Automap v3.5 can instantly assign compatible Novation controllers (SL MkIIs and the Nocturn range) to VST3 plug-ins. These include the built-in instruments and effects in Cubase and Nuendo.
- Nocturn device support for Ableton Live: Novation Nocturn and Nocturn Keyboards can now instantly control Ableton Live's instrument and effects devices, with no assignment necessary. (Ableton Live v8.1.3 or later is required). Note: the Novation SL MkII range already has very tight integration with Ableton Live.
- 64-bit Logic support: Automap now includes 64-bit support for Logic.
- Updated Windows Novation USB driver to version 1.9.
- Automap no longer adds user interface to the bottom of the plug-in; 'Add Automap UI To Plug-In' from Plug-In Manager has been removed.
Bugs fixed and updates:
- Fixed dragging and dropping continuous parameters to button types.
- Fixed issue with Cubase mixer client,.
- Fixed issue with wrapping RTAS plug-ins in subfolder that can cause Pro Tools to crash.
- Fixed issue with Remote SL mappings advancing in groups of fours.
- Improved mappings ID system.
- Added more default mappings including Cubase's native VST3 plug-ins and MIDI client mappings.
- Fixed registry crashes with Focusrite driver with Novation USB driver 1.9.
- updated Ableton Live DAW Setup Guide.
- Fixed issue when loading Logic 9, Ableton Live or Cubase without Automap first opened, which resulted in Automap Universal transport or ReWire related error message.
- Fixed issue with Cubase mixer client and Automap HUI which interfered with each other in some Mac Snow Leopard systems.
- Fixed issue with updating Native Instruments' RTAS plug-ins via NI Service Centre when wrapped by Automap.
- updated MIDI client default mappings.
- Implemented fix when wrapping Waves 7 VST3 plug-ins on Windows systems to have no plug-in GUI. This issue require newer version of Waves to be fully fix.
- Fixed issue with wrong GUI when loading two or more instance of Waves 2.4 plug-ins on the same track in Ableton Live.
- Fixed issue with Cubase crashing when loading VST3 wrapped version of Waves Tune and Tune Lite. Waves Tune and Tune Lite will not be controllable by Automap when Waveshell is wrapped.
- Some Cubase VST3 mappings may have unusual button types.
- Presonus Studio One will not load automap wrapped VST3 plug-ins.
- Waves Morphoder appears twice in Plug-In Manager and cannot be uncheck after both version has been wrapped.
- Waves H-delay, Morphoder, GRT Stomp, GTR Stomp 2,4,6 and GTR ToolRack VST3 will crash upon instantiating if wrapped.
- Some Waves VST3 mono plug-ins will not be automapped.
- VST plug-in in Live with SL hardware will only display parameter name if plug-in GUI not instantiated.
- Fabfilter VST3 plug-in not recognised in certain Windows systems.
- Certain plug-ins running 32 bit bridge in Logic 9 may not appear as wrapped.
- For Remote SL & Remote Zero SL users, the sustain pedal, expression pedal, drum pads & XY pad have fixed CC assignments to the designated automap MIDI output port.
- Mac: OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard - PPC & Intel) & 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard - Intel only).
- Windows: XP SP3 32 bit, Vista 32 bit, Win7 32 bit & Win7 64 bit.
System no longer supported:
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) will NOT be supported anymore. It is recommended that OSX 10.4 users carry on using Automap 3.4.1.
06 Mar 2014 Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack
04 Sep 2013 Novation releases Launchkey Mini
15 May 2013 Novation updates Automap to v4.7
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S
08 Mar 2013 Novation releases Launchpad for iPad
23 Jan 2013 Novation announces Launchkey 25, 49 & 61
09 Mar 2012 Novation updates Automap to v4.3