NUGEN Audio has announced the forthcoming VisLM Loudness Metering solution for Windows and Mac OS X.
VisLM is fully compliant with the latest loudness standards ITU-R BS1770 and EBU R128 and offers a complete professional solution to loudness and true peak metering for Mix, Mastering, Film and Broadcast.
VisLM introduces several essential parameters for audio measurement:
- True-Peak level metering (inter-sample accurate level monitoring).
- Loudness Range (to help decide if and how much dynamic compression to apply).
- Momentary 'instantaneous loudness' for mixing by ear.
- Short term loudness (3 second time window).
- Program Loudness (long term integrated loudness measurement).
VisLM is available in two versions, VisLM-C (compact) and VisLM-H, which in addition to EBU mode metering provides a loudness history trace and data export.
It is anticipated that VisLM will be released late Q4 2010, although preview versions are available immediately for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary in RTAS, VST and AU Effect plug-in formats.
- VisLM-H: $449
- VisLM-C: $299