13th April 2011
NUSofting has released a Public Beta of Modelonia 2.0 for Windows. It is free to download and use until September 2011.
The free public beta is currently available for Windows VSTi - a Mac AU beta may come later. It includes 46 presets and features many enhancements and changes compared to the previous release (Modelonia 1.7 - 1.8).
Modelonia is a powerful "physical modeling" synth which uses a hybrid of two distinct model 'types' - a plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (i.e. trumpet-type) model. Each model may be used simultaneously and the signal path allows cross-modulation between the two models for more interesting and complex tones.
What's new in Modelonia 2.0
Sound Engine Update and Upgrade:
- Two macro sliders are now available for realtime sound morphing:
- Gain macro linked to MIDI CC 45 by default.
- XM macro linked to MIDI CC 46 by default.
- The "Smooth" switch has now a different function: up to Modelonia 1.8 it was used to change the ADSR shape, now in 2.0 it turns on a set of DC filters that change the behaviour of both models Strings and Horn.
- The "PE" switch has been extended to a knob control: up to Modelonia 1.8 it turned on the "pressure emitter" in the Horn exciter, now in 2.0 it adjusts the PE in the right half turn (marked with a green curve), and it switches to an alternative algorithm when used in the left half (marked with a red curve). This new feature take better advantage of the external exciters, relatively to the "Lips" module, those are the Noise module and the String module via "XM to Horn".
- The harmonic waveshapers controlled by the "Modif" switches A and B, in the Horn module, have been updated. Especially the B type features now a more filtered sound.
- The "coupling fx" (the "CP" switch in "String" module) features now a stronger harmonic enhancement.
- The A/B switch in the FX module adds now a soft Chorus to the Reverb, Chorus can be used alone as well, with Reverb mix at zero.
- The bottom pane with the microtuning sliders is now hidden by default, when then microtuning selection is hidden four VU meters, AP EQ and the macro sliders are showed.
- New powerful equalizer in the output fx chain. This new AP EQ features two fully adjustable shelving filters.
- Vastly improved Mono Legato mode for enhanced realism in solo playing of wind instruments and similar hybrid ones.
More information is available in NUSofting's KVR Forum.
21 Jun 2010 NUSofting updates Strings Dreams to v1.4
16 Apr 2009 NUSofting announces Strings Dream Synthesizer
17 Mar 2009 NUSofting releases Prima Delay
28 Nov 2008 SMPlugins releases Open Guitar
23 Apr 2008 NUSofting sets Groove Analogizer FREE