15th June 2009
NUSofting has announced the release of the Windows VST version of Strings Dream Synthesizer. The Mac version should follow soon.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analogue pads from the most famous strings machines in synthesizer history - emulating the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
Strings Dream Synthesizer does not use samples. Instead the "octave divider" circuitry typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion.
The fundamental "Ensemble" effect (like the vintage Solina chorus) accurately follows the architecture of its hardware counterpart, including the BBD chip behaviour for truly rich modulation. However, it has been extended for a wider range of "chorus" effects.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is easy to use. Its layout and features take their cue from and expand upon the familiar Solina design, with only the necessary controls to achieve the textures of the other strings machines.
- "True analogue sound", VA "Octave Divider" emulation, (no samples used).
- 43 voices full polyphony, plus mono legato on bass section.
- Vintage audio effects on board.
- MIDI learn on every knob.
- 3 skins included.
- A full ADSR envelope generator and Waveform selection (for several strings and organs sounds).
- Volume fader and switch for each of 6 stops (C.Bass, Cello, Brass, Horn, Viola and Violin). The fader for each stop allows an almost infinite number of mixtures.
- A powerful parameter to tune the relative phase of Violin wave against the other voices.
- Brightness and highpass filters are also adjustable.
- More performance flexibility with MIDI velocity and polyphonic mode selectable.
- Note also that the C.Bass and Cello are monophonic with full legato mode and you can select one of eight keyboard split points, allowing you to layer the mono voices with the others.
- Chorus "Ensemble" effect with "Bucket-brigade device" tone.
- Four-stage Phaser for those famous "Jarre pads" and other Tangerine Dream sounds.
- Exclusive reverb with the ability to morph on request to that "trembling" sound of the vintage spring reverb units.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is currently available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in. The AU and VST versions for Mac OS X will be released ASAP.
For the first two weeks the price is fixed at $59 (introductory price), after this time the price will be set at more than $79.
21 Jun 2010 NUSofting updates Strings Dreams to v1.4
16 Apr 2009 NUSofting announces Strings Dream Synthesizer
17 Mar 2009 NUSofting releases Prima Delay
28 Nov 2008 SMPlugins releases Open Guitar
23 Apr 2008 NUSofting sets Groove Analogizer FREE