27th January 2010
Ohm Force has announced the Remix Cohmpetition 2010, with almost U$4000 in audio/music goods to be given away to three winners.
For those who don't have all Ohm Force plug-ins yet it's a great opportunity to "cohmplete" your Ohm collection, while benefiting from the chance to get your hands on some additional gear. In addition to the Ohm Force bundles, there are several prizes up for grabs:
- Camel Audio will give the big winner the mighty Alchemy synth, a bundle of Camel Phat + Camel Space to the 2nd place and a Cameleon 5000 for 3rd.
- Sample Magic will offer its 144-page book "The Secrets Of House Music Production" to each of the three winners.
- Muse Research and Development will give a RECEPTOR 2 Hardware Plug-in player to the contest's big winner. RECEPTOR is of course a U$2000 value piece of stand-alone hardware that can be used on the studio or on stage to run VST plug-ins.
- Novation will give a 25 SL MkII controller keyboard to the winner of the "Public's choice" category.
- The winner of the "Public's choice" category will also receive a 1 year subscription to Computer Music magazine from Future Publishing.
What the contestants have to do is pretty simple:
- Go to the Cohmpetition's page at the Ohm Force blog.
- Listen to the original track.
- Download the sample pack.
- Use Ohm Force's Frohmage filter and/or Symptohm:Melohman Performer Edition synth (both are freeware) when producing their remix.
- Show their talent to the world.
The submissions should be sent by February 28th, 2010. The 3 winners will be chosen by the Ohm Force and Derek himself and the final result will be announced at the beginning of March.