27th January 2012
Oli Larkin has released version 1.0 of pMix, a free sound design, composition and performance tool for Mac OS X that allows you to morph between VST plug-in presets using an intuitive graphical interface.
Presets are represented by coloured balls that are positioned on a 2D plane. The size of each ball and its proximity to the cursor affects the weight of the associated preset in the interpolation.
Morphing between presets often results in the discovery of interesting hybrid sounds. By constraining sound manipulations within a predesigned "interpolation space" complex transitions can be achieved that would otherwise be hard to manage.
pMix can load four VST2 audio plug-ins. It comes with a suite of specially designed plug-ins which cover a range of experimental DSP techniques (noise generators, FM synthesis, formant filtering, frequency shifting etc). These plug-ins can also be used in other VST host applications.
- Realtime VST2 plug-in chainer.
- Live processing of audio input, file playback or instrument plug-ins.
- Unique multi-layered interpolation approach.
- Rich visual control interface with real-time feedback.
- Includes a suite of 9 high-quality audio FX and generators.
- Many options for randomisation.
- Break-point function and "freehand" automation modes.
- Audio file player & recorder built in.
- Controllable via OSC and MIDI.
- Can be used with other applications via Rewire or Soundflower.
Changes from v0.7 (released in 2008):
- Redesigned interface.
- Supports instrument plug-ins.
- Supports tempo synchronisation.
- Now includes a suite of specially designed plug-ins.
Available now for free on the Mac App Store.
YouTube demo video: youtube.com/watch?v=9M-S6Wmtf_o
28 Nov 2013 Oli Larkin "Endless Series" Half Price Sale
27 May 2011 Oli Larkin releases Endless Series v3.0
10 Mar 2008 Oli Larkin releases pMix (Preset Mixer) Beta
28 Sep 2007 Oli Larkin releases Endless Series Version 2
13 Oct 2005 Oli Larkin releases Dronebox2 and Polycomb
20 Sep 2005 Oli Larkin announces Dronebox2 and Polycomb
06 Feb 2005 Oli Larkin updates Beat Morpher to v1.1