The vibrato is completely scripted, not only with an LFO, but modeled from real flute vibrato, allowing the user to control the vibrato depth and speed in real-time. The flute is sampled in five dynamics and scripting has been added that smoothly morphs between these dynamics using mathematically-accurate equal-power crossfades. Passion Flute’s interface allows the user to assign these performance elements to any MIDI continuous controller, or let the script automatically control them.
Passion Flute features the Jazz flutist/composer, Mattan Klein, who performs all over the world, and has played at Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington DC, and many other prestigious venues.
The flute was sampled in 48,000 kHz, 24-bit. There are over 4,600 samples, totaling 1.15 GB of flute samples. Furthermore, the flute was sampled with five different microphones, from modern condenser mics to a vintage ribbon mic. The mic signals were completely unaffected, so Passion Flute’s real-time mixing control starts all the way back with the raw audio signals. Speaking of mixing, also included is the ability to import and export flute mix preset to share them with other Passion Flute users.
Passion Flute’s key features include:
- 4x round robin, 5 morphing dynamic layers.
- Modeled vibrato, with real-time control over speed and depth.
- Overblown notes, playable harmonics.
- Effects and phrases including growls, flutter-tonguing, screams, and much more.
- Physically modeled flute fingerings (including 150+ alternate fingerings) for accurate key noises and realistic legato.
- Wind/breath controller compatible.
- 5 mic positions with extensive mixing engine included.
- Sampled in 24-bit / 48 KHz.
Price: $129. There is an introductory price of $99 until December 31st, 2011. Passion Flute requires the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 4 / 5.