patchpool has announced Warped Strings, a new soundset for Camel Audio's Alchemy. It can be pre-ordered for €20, saving 20% off the retail price of €25. The release is expected to be late February, 2012.
For this soundset an acoustic Western Guitar will be multi-sampled, treating it with all sorts of tools to create unique sounding real and unreal instruments, otherworldly textures, groovy sequences, beautiful soundscapes and cinematic pad sounds. The guitar will get hurt during the process. All samples are recorded with 3 Neumann microphones and processed with native and outboard gear, to make the best out of the recorded audio material.
- About 1.5 GB of original stereo samples recorded in 48 Khz/24 Bit.
- Multi-sampled acoustic guitar played and treated with various tools, multiple Round Robin variations and velocity layers will be sampled for many patches.
- Fingered and slapped Guitar.
- Plucked Guitar using various objects like coins, screwdrivers.
- Tremolo Guitar.
- Beaten Guitar using drumsticks, mallets and hammers.
- Scraped Guitar using various metal objects for scraping the strings and the corpus.
- Prepared guitar.
- Bowed Guitar - bowing the strings with a violin bow.
- Flagolet Guitar.
- Guitar loops.
- A wide variety of electronic textures derived form the recorded guitar sounds will be included.
- Recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R - 48 Khz/24 Bit.
- U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- This soundset will contain about 50 patches with 8 variations each.