24th February 2006
PG Music has released a new beta version of Band-in-a-Box 2006 (build 212 beta).
- Improved: StylePicker limit now increased from 4,800 to 7,200 styles. The stylelist file is now called bbw7k.lsw instead of bbw.lsw (note: PG Music uses about 3,300 of those style names, so you have room for 3,900 styles from third parties.
- Fixed: After Edit-Unfold, program not alerting to "file has changed".
- Fixed: After Melody-Quantize, program not alerting to "file has changed".
- Fixed: Melody Quantize not working for partial song, was only working for full song.
- Fixed: when the "include patch changes in MIDI files" setting was disabled, controller 0 and 32 bank changes were still being included in the MIDI File.
- Improved: StyleMaker, drum editor: small improvement in alternate notes velocity (now rounded off to nearest 18, instead of truncated). Note that the alternate notes need to be rounded off to nearest velocity of 18, due to file format compatibility with earlier versions. So if you enter an alternate velocity of 93, you'll get 90 (18*5).
- Fixed: DirectX Window would sometimes be on-top of dialogs which were popped up by hosted plugins, making it impossible to read or respond to the dialog, appearing to hang the program. The DirectX Window is now at the same window level as the standalone Piano Roll or standalone Audio Edit window, and shouldn't obscure dialogs any more. The behavior of the DirectX window will be slightly different now, since you could conceivably completely cover up the DirectX window with some other Band-in-a-Box window such as the standalone PianoRoll window. But this is nothing new in multi-window programs. If you have a lot of floating windows, just move them around onscreen until you can see a little bit of each window, so you can click on each one to bring it to the front.
- Fixed: Long-standing intermittent 'DX crash on exit' bug which afflicts some folks some of the time. It seemed most likely when Exiting Band-in-a-Box with the DirectX window open. Some plugins were more apt to cause the problem, and it was reported that VSC DXi (and VSC VSTi) were perhaps more likely to show this problem than the average plugin.
- Fixed: Notation slur divide-by-zero which can occur only on rare instances of deleting a slurred note, if the slur is very short-duration.
06 May 2011 PG Music releases Band-in-a-Box 2011 Android App
12 Apr 2011 PG Music releases Band-in-a-Box 2011 for Mac
17 Feb 2010 PG Music updates RealBand 2010 to Build 4