PG Music recently announced the release of Band-in-a-Box 2008 for Windows, along with 10 new RealDrums Sets, 5 Styles Sets and 3 new MultiStyles Sets. To celebrate, PG Music is offering special pricing on Band-in-a-Box upgrades and bundles, plus two new Bonus Paks loaded with Add-ons and software programs - but only for a limited time. Prices start at $129 for new users.
You'll receive a free Bonus 12-Pak with any order of Band-in-a-Box 2008 for Windows or add 12 more items by upgrading to the Bonus 24-Pak for only $25. These Bonus Paks are only available during the Holiday Special.
Band-in-a-Box 2008 is packed with new features including RealTracks, MultiStyles, enhancements to the popular Audio Chord Wizard, RealDrums style changes, and much more.
- RealTracks includes three additional "Real" instruments, including Real Pedal Steel, Real Acoustic Guitar, and Tenor Sax soloing (RealSax). Best of all, they follow the chord progression that you have entered, so that you hear an authentic audio accompaniment to your song.
- MultiStyles - These are Styles that can have anywhere from 4 to 24 substyles. Previous Band-in-a-Box Styles were limited to 2 substyles ("a" and "b"). Now, for example, a MultiStyle with 4 substyles (First Verse, Verse, Chorus, Break) can be used, and you select the various sections using A, B, C & D part markers. Some of the newest Styles Sets are MultiStyles, typically with 4 substyles, but some Techno Styles have 24 substyles.
- Audio Chord Wizard Enhancements - The Audio Chord Wizard is the feature that automatically figures out the chords from MP3 files (or other audio files like WAV, WMA, and audio CD etc.). The Audio Chord Wizard is a great way to learn and practice popular songs, as you play along and see the chords. PG Music has added a Lead Sheet window that shows the chords for the whole song on a single screen, the ability to mark sections of the song using part markers, and many other improvements.
Band-in-a-Box 2008 Build 253 BETA update is already available.
Summary of Changes for Build 253:
- Added: Rendering to separate files implemented for RealTracks. To do this, press the WAV button and select One WAV file per Track. You will then get separate wave files for all RealTracks with names like "MySong_Render_RealTrack_Guitar.WAV"
- Added: KaraokeBMP folder can now hold JPG as well (for background of Karaoke files).
- Improved: RealTracks transitions and overall sound quality improved!
- Improved: StylePicker improvements, including 'Styles with RealTracks' category along with styles and demo songs.
- Added: Volume controls (F5 bar settings dialog) now work for RealTracks and Audio track.
- Added: Option in File-Save w/patches setting to "Always Save all mixer settings" Note: default for this option is false.
- Fixed: Page turning if section paragraphs feature was disabled.
- Fixed: Notation display problem when changing key signatures.
- Fixed: Slowing tempo of Karaoke files didn't slow the Kar lyric display.
- Fixed: Audio Edit window display erratic in a song with multiple tempos.
- Fixed: Lyrics "Enter Key" entry bug where enter key wasn't saving the lyric entered.
- Fixed: Fixed stylepicker problem, if an ls3 file didn't end with a carriage return.
- Fixed: Problem selecting styles from the RD menu if there were over 1000 menu items.