10th February 2006
Plogue has released version 0.91 of Bidule, which features a number of major changes including:
- Universal Binary version for OS X.
- x64 version.
- VST 2.4 support (both as a host and as a plugin).
- There's now a Bidule SDK.
- Added context menu to all sliders.
- Surround ITU Mixers.
- Continuous Surround Panner.
- Audio Matrix: added optional fading.
- Audio Switcher: added optional fading.
- Biquad Filter: added extra input for dB value for peaking band, low and hi shelf.
- FFT/iFFT: added higher quality preference.
- Group Manager: added button to set a custom catalog URL.
- MIDI Buffers/Recorder: added takes mode.
- MIDI Recorder: added add to Mediapool parameter.
- Monitoring: can now open multiple windows.
- Plugins/ReWire device: relaxed sync information validation when looping is on (bad in/out point or a position outside the loop points will result in disabling looping).
- VST: finally added load/save of fxp.
- Application: if old VST mode is activated, there's no way to reset it.
- Audio Files: bad embedded loop information could lead to weird behaviors/crashes.
- Audio File Recorder: multiple mono files option is not remembered when loading.
- Envelope: moving points doesn't work.
- Mediapool: sometimes flags files as being used when they aren't.
- Multi Channel/Channel Pressure Remapper: display is 0-based instead of 1-based.
- OS X: help doesn't show in Help Viewer for some persons.
- OS X: crash at startup on some 10.2.8 systems.
- OS X: closing a VST window could crash.
- OS X: changed AU cache format to prevent possible clash between plugins.
- OS X plugins: fixed mouse handling workaround needed for Live and Tracktion to only be enabled in those hosts.
- OS X VST plugin: UI doesn't work in Renoise.
- Particle Arpeggiator: closing its UI could lead to a crash.
- Plugins OS X: doesn't display correctly with a composite window.
- Plugins: the Plugin Device always use the name saved in a .bidule file, leading to confusion when using files made with the standalone version.
- Plugins: MIDI data could be lost when Bidule/host buffer size didn't match.
- Polyphonic adapter: random/mutate gives different results on each voice.
- VST: channel names aren't always shown.
- Windows VST plugin: Envelope/Looper extra windows can't be reopened.
- Windows: using Control From MIDI could crash.
- + many other fixes.