Positive Grid has announced the launch of BIAS, a versatile guitar amplifier modeler and designer for iOS.
Equipped with 36 replications of rock 'n' roll history's most sought-after vintage and modern amps, Positive Grid's new iPad app "lets musicians dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture".
"Ask any guitarist what's most important in a guitar amp app, and you'll get the same answer: great tone," says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel. "We didn't think we'd be pushing the boundary by merely adding more bells and whistles to an amp simulator, so we threw out convention and focused instead on how to create the most delicious tone in as many flavors as possible. The result is BIAS, which allows guitarists to change preamp tube types, edit preamp voicing, adjust bias, audition various transformer types, swap out loudspeakers and cabinets, move microphone placement and much, much more. Never before have guitarists had such a broad palette to create their own dream amps and distinctive signature sounds."
With BIAS, guitarists own a complete virtual collection of some of the most coveted and unique guitar amps of all time--some dating as far back as the 1940s. Every amp model is meticulously engineered to respond to playing with immediacy, sensitivity and realism.
Creating new sounds by designing custom dream amps is as easy as tap and drag. The user can instantly swap out colorful tube preamps, lush distortion circuits, classic tone stacks, boutique power stages, custom-built transformers and cabs loaded with specially matched speakers.
BIAS integrates with other audio apps to provide a complete music production environment. Open amp models with one tap in JamUp Pro XT, Positive Grid's multi-effects processor, eight-track recorder and phrase sampler for guitar and bass. Or use it with Apple GarageBand and a myriad of other audio apps using iOS7's Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Versatile amp modeling.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS7. Requires an iPad 2 or newer to operate.
BIAS retails for $19.99 and is immediately available for download at the iTunes App Store.
Introducing BIAS for iPad: http://youtu.be/ieXn80yYa8A
BIAS for iPad - Features Overview: http://youtu.be/Y_H9NndThsg