7th September 2009
Precisionsound has announced the release of Nordic Low Whistle in HALion, Kontakt, EXS24 and SoundFont formats.
The "Härjedalspipa" / "shepherds flute" in Precisionsound's context called the Nordic Low Whistle, is a Swedish cylindrical flute built by craftsman Gunnar Stenmark. The model is a result of folk music research and has been further developed by musician's preferences. This particular instrument is a seven whole whistle made of slow grown fir-wood.
The Nordic Low Whistle has "a breathy warm and rich tone ideal for ethnic and earthy colors to you sound palette".
Nordic Low Whistle contains:
- 254 24-bit mono WAV files.
- 7 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 6 programs for HALion 1.1 and all versions above.
- 6 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and all versions above and 1 extra Kontakt 3 program with added convulsion reverb.
- 5 programs for SoundFont (16-bit) compatible with all samplers supporting the SF2 format.
The articulations are "Natural", "Legato", "Staccato", "Glide" and "Flutter". The "Full" programs for EXS24, HALion and Kontakt have key switches to switch between these in real-time. The "Glide" articulation has been mapped to modwheel for HALion and Kontakt and E1 for EXS24. The keyboard range for Nordic Low Whistle is C2 to C4.
The key switch notes (NLW Full program) for HALion and NI Kontakt are:
- C1 (Legato + Modwheel triggers Glide).
- C#1 (Natural + Modwheel triggers Glide).
- D1 (Staccatos) Round robin on 2 velocity levels in NI Kontakt, 4 samples for each level/note, 8 samples on each note.
- D#1 (Fluttering notes).
The key switch notes (NLW Full program) for Logic EXS24 are:
- C1 (Legato).
- C#1 (Natural).
- D1 (Staccatos).
- D#1 (Flutter).
- E1 (Glide).
All articulations are also available as separate programs.
Nordic Low Whistle costs $32 (+$11 if you want it on CD). All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet.