12th April 2012
PreSonus has updated Studio One to version 2.0.5. This version adds many enhancements and fixes, and is recommended for all users.
The 2.0.5 update has the following enhancements:
- Ampire XT amp models were reworked for better sound.
- Any command can now be assigned to any MIDI CC message.
- Markers have a Stop flag that stops playback at the marker.
- Manual now available in German, Japanese, Spanish, and French.
- Exchange and Sound Set Builder now supported in Artist version.
- Audio-file resampling during playback now uses the audio cache, reducing CPU usage in some cases.
- Dithering is now applied to 24-bit audio files if the dithering option is on.
- Tracks can be resized horizontally in the arrangement.
- Added two new track heights: Overview and Minimal (these make tracks very slender so you can see more tracks at once).
- Retains channel settings and automation when replacing an instrument in an Instrument track.
- Performance meter adds RAM usage display (in 32-bit version).
- Tape Style monitoring option (Options/Advanced/Devices) mutes playback on audio track.
- Transform now always uses 32-bit floating-point math.
- Now shows file size in Exchange-item previews.
- Events with bend markers are bounced to a new file before editing in Melodyne.
- You can right-click on an event to remove Melodyne.
- If you close a song without saving, a list shows which files will be deleted.
- Expand Folder command is now in contextual menu.
- Tab to transients in Audio parts.
- Next and Previous Track commands added to FaderPort (shift + left/right channel buttons).
- Save FX on/off state in FX Chains.
- Product keys from user account are listed in the Activation window.
The 2.0.5 update fixes the following issues:
- Event FX delay compensation fixed.
- Had multiple crossfades when comping within the same time range.
- Take selection did not respect event resize.
- Folders for Universal Audio UAD plug-in preset-sorting was incorrect.
- Problems with missing file dialog.
- Wrong event size in Audio parts after changing tempo.
- Split Events moved new event to back.
- Event FX freeze moved the event out of an Audio part.
- Keyboard shortcut for "Remove Track and Instrument" didn't work.
- Audition of moved notes in Editor was not using note velocity.
- Layer change while recording created doubled events.
- Crashed using audio interfaces with only a mono input (e.g., Apogee One).
- Event FX restore had wrong length.
- FX channel was not mapped to bus when "Add Bus for selected channels" was used.
- Stretch event state was not saved with Audio loop.
- Problem with mute-automation writing on grouped tracks.
- Controller recording with VST3 version of VSL plug-in could not be recorded on multiple channels.
- Move to Cursor removed shared copy of Instrument part.
- Bend marker did not hold position when it was moved toward its original position.
- Invisible bend marker was used for Tab to Transients (not used now).
- Old loop range was not restored after auditioning range on a layer.
- SFZ files were copied to media folder (now are not copied).
- IR Maker: Displayed wrong default IR Length.
- Gate: Release time was not restored.
- Impact: Sync mode and transpose issues.
- There was no real-time Image Export in Project page.
- Save was not enabled when volume was adjusted in Project page.
- [Windows ] Sample-rate change was not working correctly for Focusrite Sapphire interfaces.
- [Mac OS X] Dynamics-processing graph had the wrong popup-menu placement on a second monitor screen.
- [Mac OS X] Some AU plug-in parameters could not be used with automation.
- [Mac OS X] 64-bit VST plug-ins made with JUCE had gray GUI (e.g., Blue Cat Audio or Cytomic Glue).
- [Mac OS X] When restoring Transform event to original, AU plug-in settings were not restored.
31 Oct 2013 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.6.1
19 Sep 2013 PreSonus Acquires Notion
04 Sep 2013 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.6
13 Sep 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.7
12 Jun 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.6
18 Apr 2012 PreSonus releases Studio One Free
12 Apr 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.5
18 Jan 2012 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.4
07 Nov 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v2.0.2
18 Oct 2011 PreSonus announces Studio One 2
26 Jul 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v1.6.5
15 Mar 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v1.6.4
31 Jan 2011 PreSonus updates Studio One to v1.6.3
23 Jan 2014 Xchange Market Platform releases Epix Bundle 10
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade