Reason 7.1 and Reason Essentials 2.1 offer an enhanced workflow, performance improvements and new SDK2 technology for Propellerhead's Rack Extension plug-in platform.
Synchronous—Timed Effect Modulator
Synchronous is a Rack Extension plug-in for Reason that offers rhythmically synced effects. It features a graphic user interface designed to be dynamic and intuitive, and the ability to recall over 100 patches. Synchronous also has built-in waveform tools that allows users to draw and dial in Distortion, Filter, Reverb, Delay and level for anything from side-chain pumping and tremolos to beat-repeating and tweaked out wobbles.
Reason 7.1 / Reason Essentials 2.1 Release Notes:
- Support for Custom Displays in Rack Extensions (SDK v.2).
- Rack Extensions built with SDK v.2 will perform math functions faster.
- Improved MIDI Clock Sync, with new settings.
- Reason can now send error reports and usage statistics.
- Shift-dragging devices will now re-route them properly.
- Better indications on audio clips.
- Various ReWire fixes.
- Reason can now import WAV files in 32-bit float format.
- Slices in self-contained REX files can now be used as samples.
- A Spectrum EQ button has been added to the Master Section device in the rack.
- Adjusted BV-512 Dry/Wet behaviour.
- It's now possible to use the Razor tool on open audio clips.
- Split at Slices with a huge amount of slices selected will no longer make Reason freeze.
- Includes new Codemeter version: 5.10.
- A great number of minor bugs fixed.
Pricing & Availability
Reason 7.1 is a free downloadable update for all Reason 7 owners. Existing Reason upgrade pricing remains the same at $129 / €129. Synchronous is available for free for all Reason 7.1 customers up until June 30, 2014.