Prosoniq has announced the immediate availability of version 3.3 of their flagship audio extraction application sonicWORX Isolate. Version 3.3 allows the user to not only do extraction and suppression of audio signals, but to edit them in their original context as well.
Previous versions of Isolate were specifically tailored to do extraction and suppression on a segment-by-segment basis, making editing small pieces of an entire mix both tedious and technically challenging. Version 3.3 makes this process easier by means of a new "modify" mode which is keeping the original sound file around in the background, allowing the user to only edit the parts that he wants changed.
The new version allows access to all of sonicWORX' pattern recognition tools to make this process easier, the "magic box" tool for instance can now be used to apply spectral repair and remove drums or burst noise from the recording.
Version 3.3 is a free update for all registered sonicWORX Isolate users and can be downloaded using the built-in "update" option of the program as of today.
- 'Magic box' tool now acts as 'spectral repair'/interpolation tool in 'modify' mode.
- New option "modify" in addition to "suppress" and "extract" modes. Modify prefills the background layer with the original mix replacing only the pieces that the user wants edited.
- Added "reset master file" option.
- File now remembers editing mode.
- Mixdown audio file is now pre-populated with the original sound.
- Fixed a potential crash when analyzing.
- Fixed volume scaling bug affecting the "magic box" tool.
- Fixed selection tool clipping bug that could cause signal to be inserted past the end of the analyzed section.
- Improved speed and space requirements of analysis.
- Improved sound quality.
- Improved readability of display.
- Improved processing concurrency to avoid conflicts when accessing files.
- Better handling of dialogs, removed extraneous warnings.
- Editing mode and other settings are now saved with the file.
- Improved handling of incompatible files.
- "Select all" now chases analysis while analysis is in progress.
- Code cleanup.
20 May 2013 Prosoniq updates TimeFactory to v2.5
30 Mar 2011 Prosoniq updates OrangeVocoder 10AE to v3.3.7
10 Nov 2010 Prosoniq updates NorthPole AU to v1.2.3
03 Jul 2009 Prosoniq updates NorthPole AU to v1.1.1
22 Jun 2009 Prosoniq updates NorthPole AU to v1.1
13 Jan 2009 Prosoniq releases NorthPole AU