16th August 2004
The PS-1 is a VST instrument plugin for Windows featuring four high quality oscillators, a mixer, 2 resonant multi-mode filters (routable in both serial and parallel), two Low Frequency oscillators (LFOs) and two ADSR envelope generators. The PS-1 also includes some advanced performance features, such as a powerful arpeggiator and trancegate, as well as an effects unit which features four high quality effects including an ultra fat double chorus, a digital delay with modulation, a distortion unit, and a reverb unit.
The PS-1 also includes over 1000 professionally designed factory presets covering a wide range of different sounds (basses, pads, leads, sound FX, arps etc.) and suitable for every genre.
The full feature list can be seen below:
- 4 oscillators each with 12 different internal waveforms, and over 70 extra external waveforms (WAV files).
- All 4 oscillators have separate controls for volume, pitch (octave, semitone, fine) envelope amount, LFO amount, PWM amount, PWM mode (LFO, envelope, manual).
- Separate mixer section with oscillator volume, mod amount, ring modulation (oscillators 2 and 4), boost and a noise generation unit.
- All 4 oscillators can load custom waveforms (WAV files, 16 bits, 44.1khz, mono).
- True mono-legato mode with glide.
- Two resonant multi-mode filter units with low pass (12db, 24db, 36db), high pass, band pass, and notch filter types.
- Both filter units operate in either parallel or serial modes (with mode selection and mix control).
- Low pass (12db, 24db, 36db), high pass, band pass, and notch filter types with automatic gain reduction.
- Optional keyboard tracking of cutoff frequency for each Filter unit.
- Both filter units have separate controls for type, cutoff, resonance, envelope amount, LFO amount and keyboard tracking.
- Smooth filter option.
- 2 envelope generators each with attack, decay time, sustain level and release time (ADSR), as well as velocity control.
- Envelope 1 is dedicated to oscillator volume.
- Envelope 2 is used for filter cutoff, resonance, pitch and oscillator PWM.
Low Frequency Oscillators (LFOs):
- 2 LFO units each with control over rate, shape and delay.
- LFO 1 is dedicated to PWM control.
- LFO 2 is used for filter / pitch / volume with delay.
- Both LFO units can be synced to master MIDI Clock.
- Arpeggiator with mode selection (up, down, up/down etc.), octave range, and speed controls.
- Trancegate with a 16-button grid. Option to sync speed to master MIDI Clock.
- Distortion unit.
- Digital delay with modulation.
- Double chorus unit.
- Reverb unit.
- Digital display, that shows the value of each parameter during editing.
- Up to 16 voices.
- Global FX switch on/off.
- Auto glide switch on/off.
- MIDI learn functions.
- Random preset generator.
- Sound quality selector, for saving CPU usage.
- Low CPU usage with advanced voice allocation.
- Over 1000 high quality factory presets.
The PS-1 Performance Synthesizer is anticipated to ship in Q4 2004 at an RRP of EUR 119.00. You can pre-order the PS-1 Performance Synthesizer now at the special price of EUR 89.00 from their online shop.
20 Apr 2010 Pro-Sounds releases Tau Trance for Predator
21 Jan 2010 Pro-Sounds releases Genusis for reFX Vanguard
19 Mar 2009 Pro-Sounds release Diversity for Albino III
09 Jun 2008 Pro-Sounds updates PS-1 to v1.2
09 May 2008 Pro-Sounds release Sanford Sounds for V-Station
19 Mar 2008 Pro-Sounds updates PS-1 to v1.1
04 Dec 2007 Pro-Sounds release Pyromania for Tone2 FireBird
30 May 2007 Pro-Sounds releases Culture Elect for Vanguard
11 May 2007 Pro-Sounds releases Epiphany for Discovery
18 Apr 2005 DASH Signature cross-grade to PS-1 announced