2nd June 2011
PSPaudioware has announced the release of a new version of its flagship mastering equalizer plug-in - PSP Neon.
To overcome the most significant limitations of PSP Neon HR version 1, PSP decided to develop additional versions of the plug-in, creating the Neon Suite which covers both mastering and mixing applications.
Version 2 of PSP Neon comes in three flavors:
- PSP Neon HR - compatible with PSP Neon HR version 1, so your sessions will open and your presets will load. Just like its predecessor, it offers linear phase processing as well as three spectral resolution levels.
- PSP Neon STD - like HR, but with standard (std) spectral resolution. This is sufficient for all but the most demanding mastering purposes (for which you can always grab HR). STD offers greatly reduced latency (by factor of ~3) and much gentler memory requirements.
- PSP Neon MIX - with its minimum-phase filters (no linear-phase processing) it is very well-suited for mixing, as it introduces almost no latency (just 31 samples), while still providing all other important features such as oversampling, middle-side processing, a spectrum analyzer and the advanced Neon user interface.
All three plug-ins share some new features. Among the most significant are:
- Third-octave real-time spectrum analyzer with many adjustable parameters.
- Frequency-hunting as well as overtone-hunting workflow accelerators for finding the right frequency in seconds.
- Response plot auto-zooming.
- EQ band soloing.
- New, 'chunk-based' preset management system (entire band is stored in the session file).
- 64-bit Mac OS X (x86-64) support.
PSP Neon version 2 is no longer iLok protected. Instead, it uses PSP Audioware's new, user-friendly license file authorization system. Authorizing the plug-in is as simple as double-clicking the custom license file the registered user can download from her/his PSP account at any time.
The best news is that the update is free for PSP Neon HR registered users. Moreover, as PSP Neon (non-HR) will be discontinued its users get the new PSP Neon version 2 for free as well.
Until 30th June, 2011, new customers can buy PSP Neon HR at the special introductory price of $99 (60% off the regular price). Starting from 1st July, 2011, the regular price of $249* will be applied.
* all prices exclude taxes
28 May 2013 PSP 2Meters Introductory Offer: Save 33%
22 Apr 2013 PSP SpringBox Introductory Offer: Save 30%