Psychic Modulation has released Dubtron2, the successor to the original Dubtron bass synth, taking its modulation-based concept into new territory, exploring quirky analogue basses, modern rhythmic soundscapes, chilly dub techno and experimental ambient textures.
Dubtron2 uses beat-driven modulation and sub-rhythms along with randomization to bring about interesting rhythmic sounds and atmospheres. This along with its serial filter system, a feedback-looping dub delay and a "Phonec-style" Melt feature makes Dubtron2 an extremely versatile instrument with a unique approach to sonic exploration.
Here is a brief overview of its key features:
- Dual oscillators with Unison and Pulse Width.
- Sub oscillator with FM capabilities.
- Dual Filter system with serial routing.
- Soft clipping / Distortion.
- A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch.
- 3 Polyphonic LFOs with BPM 'speed dials' and randomization.
- Sub LFOs for creating parallel rhythm offsets.
- 3 assignable Modulation Envelopes.
- Dub Delay Unit with feedback looping.
- Multiple targets for modwheel and pitchbender.
- Universal Value Display.
- Double Click Parameter Reset.
- 128 presets.
Price: $39. Dubtron2 is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows.