Psychic Modulation has announced the release of EchoMelt, an "Audio Melting" Multi-FX unit designed for adding character, texture and warmth to your sounds.
EchoMelt can create warbling "VHS" effects, swirling choruses, dubbed-out space delays, lo-fi saturated distortion and everything in-between.
More than just a "lo-fi" effect, EchoMelt can be used in a variety of situations, equipped with a useful 5-band fully parametric EQ that can be routed before or after all other effects, or even used on its own. In fact, each effect section can be used independently, and each section has its own dry/wet mix in addition to the main Master Mix. Each section can even save its own presets for quickly loading up specific settings at any time.
EchoMelt is based on the onboard effects of the Phonec Synthesizer, but with big improvements and several new features.
- Melt: Analog-style drifting, instability and random fluctuations.
- Snag: Sporadic pitch jumps and dropouts.
- 2-Voice Chorus with Melt integration.
- Echo: Pitch shifting dub delay unit.
- Fully Parametric 5-Band EQ.
- Saturation driver can be applied to overall signal.
- EQ and Melt are both routable.
- Mix controls for each effect as well as Master Mix.
- Sub Presets for each FX section.
- MIDI Learn and automation of most parameters.
- Double Click Parameter Reset.
- Intuitive patch management system.
- 128 presets to get you started.
EchoMelt is available for an introductory price of $39 (Ends June 6, 2017; then $49).