11th September 2009
Psychic Modulation has re-worked and re-released Cerebrum-3 (v3.5) which is now available in free and full versions (the demo version is actually fully-functional, its only limitation being single instead of multiple outputs). It's available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in. The full version costs $29.95.
Cerebrum-3 is a hybrid groovebox-style drum machine comprised of 5 drum synth modules, over 150 built-in drum sounds and an onboard bassline synth. Each drum section has its own dual A/B sequencer for beat-matching, as well as an Auto-Mix function.
Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
Features / Specification:
- 4 drum synth modules with Wav-layers.
- 1 bass synth module.
- Kick, snare, hihat and percussion1 are drumsynth modules that each include imbedded Wavs for layering.
- The 2nd percussion drum is a dedicated imbedded Wav synth with it's own Wav-layer for layering with user samples.
- 2 16-step pattern sequencers for each module.
- Automatic beat matching functions for each sequencer.
- 2 accent switches for each sequencer (for gain, reverse, glide, glitch, etc.).
- 2 velocity grids for each sequencer (for pitch, level, filter, glitch rate, etc.).
- 4 types of random probability for each sequencer.
- Each sequencer has independent control of speed, direction, length, etc.
- Host sync.
- MIDI options for triggering each sequencer.
- Each drum sequencer can be assigned to be triggered by a separate key.
- Bass sequencer can be assigned to different octave ranges.
- Polyphonic option for all synths as well bass sequencer.
- Volume/Panning vectors.
- Onboard drum mixer.
- Mute/solo switches for each module.
- Patch randomization for each module.
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6).
- 32 presets.