11th August 2010
Puremagnetik has released Artifact, a Micropak created from digital anomalies and computer malfunctions.
Artifact comes packed with things you would normally want to avoid in the studio: digital aliasing, clock glitches, control 'voltage' waveshaping, SysEx errors and mis-quantized samples. The sound designers at Puremagnetik have harnessed these anomalies in a controlled environment and reprogrammed them in a more musical context for Ableton Live 8, Kontakt 3 and Logic 8/9.
Artifact is organized into 6 playable kits complete with macro controls for Ableton Live and a custom Kontakt GUI. In addition, Artifact includes a generous collection of looped MIDI clips* (the Kontakt version uses Apple Loops).
- 6 kits packed with digital malfunctions.
- Multi-sampled library with advanced DAW integration.
- A collection of expertly programmed clips.
- High quality 24-bit 96kHz audio samples.
- Custom Ableton Racks, Kontakt KSP GUI and Logic Channel Strips.
- Requires Ableton Live 8.1.3, Kontakt 3.5 or Logic 8.
- 300 MB of physical RAM.
- 200 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space.
Puremagnetik is a sound content subscription service. Subscriptions start at $5.75 per month.