Puremagnetik has released TrapKit for Live 8, Kontakt and Logic.
TrapKit is a vintage 1960s Ludwig drum set recorded in a large reflective room with a vast array of microphones. This sample set includes the original Ludwig Kick Drum, Rack and Floor Toms along with a well-matched Snare drum, Zildjian Hi-Hats, Sabian Crash Cymbal and hand-hammered Zildjian Ride Cymbal.
All drums and cymbals were recorded with various articulations using both close mics and overhead mics. Multi-channel mixing, and non-repetitive sample triggering make TrapKit an extremely realistic and thoroughly musical sample set, according to Puremagnetik.
TrapKit Drums Include:
- 1965 Ludwig Kick 20" x 14".
- 1965 Ludwig Rack Tom 8" x 12".
- 1965 Ludwig Floor Tom 14" x 14".
- DDrum Snare.
- Zildjian Hi-Hats.
- 20" Zildjian Hand Hammered Constantinople.
- 16" Sabian aaxplosion.
Tracking and Recording Specs
- Kick In - Sennheiser e602.
- Kick Out - Brawner VM1.
- Snare Top - AKG 451.
- Snare Bottom - SM57.
- Rack Tom - summed to one track - TOP - Neumann KM84 / BOTTOM - Shure KSM44.
- Floor Tom - summed to one track - TOP - Neumann KM84 / BOTTOM - AKG 414-C12.
- Hi Hats - AKG C 451.
- Stereo OH - Pair of Coles 4038 Ribbon Mics.
Puremagnetik is a sound content subscription service. Subscriptions start at $5.75 per month.