18th June 2012
Version 0.5.5 (The Foxtrot Uniform) of Qtractor, the audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application for Linux, is now available.
This new update is described as "mostly a LV2 1.0.0 compliance release with some fixes from the stash and fewer candies from the jar. On the darker/brighter side (your choice) there's news on the LV2 atom(ic) fall-out now being officially over".
- LV2 Atom/MIDI support (NEW).
- LV2 Worker/Schedule support (NEW).
- LV2 Presets support (NEW).
- LV2 Time/position support (NEW).
- LV2 Programs/instrument support (NEW).
- MIDI plugin event timing on tempo changes (FIX).
- Loop-recording/takes audio sync (FIX).
- Quick start guide and user manual (NEW).
- Russian and Italian translations (NEW).
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt4 framework . Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- Website: qtractor.sourceforge.net
- Project page: sourceforge.net/projects/qtractor
- Source tarball: sourceforge.net/qtractor-0.5.5.tar.gz
- Source package (openSUSE 12.1): sourceforge.net/qtractor-0.5.5-4.rncbc.suse121.src.rpm
- Binary packages (openSUSE 12.1):
- Brand new (quick start guide &) user manual: sourceforge.net/qtractor-0.5.x-user-manual.pdf
- Weblog (upstream support): www.rncbc.org
License: Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.