21st June 2011
QuikQuak has released MashTactic, a sharp filtering tool and transient editor which is also great for 'Mash-ups' and general sampling.
MashTactic was initially designed as a mashup tool. It can separate different parts of a full mix, manipulating different frequencies and stereo location. Up to eight zones can be created that can then be panned, emphasised or cut out completely. It can be viewed as an eight band filter that exists in stereo ranges as well as frequency.
Transients of varying length can be separated from constant sounds, which allows the user to manipulate the initial punch of percussion, either by emphasising or softening the attack, this can be done separately in any of the eight zones.
- 8 stereo areas of sharp cut-off filtering.
- Adjust levels separately in all selected zones.
- Vocals and other sounds can be identified and manipulated within a full mix.
- Allows the user to emphasise or cut percussive transients giving control over punch or softness in any zone.
- Each zone can pan separately.
- Great for analysing balance and frequency mix of a track you're composing.
Pricing & Availability
MashTactic costs £50 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU effect plug-in formats.
15 May 2013 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field to v3.31
11 Feb 2013 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field to version 3.30
29 Nov 2012 QuikQuak updates Pitchwheel to v4.2
14 May 2012 QuikQuak updates Crowd Chamber to v2.02
27 Apr 2012 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field to v3.20
22 Feb 2012 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field to v3.11
03 Feb 2012 QuikQuak updates Glass Viper for Mac to v1.42
22 Dec 2011 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field to v3.1
21 Nov 2011 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field to v3.0
07 Nov 2011 QuikQuak updates Glass Viper to v1.3
23 Aug 2011 QuikQuak updates BarChimes for Mac to v1.03
21 Jun 2011 QuikQuak releases MashTactic
20 Apr 2010 QuikQuak updates Fusion Field for Mac to v2.61