29th June 2009
QuikQuak has released version 2.5 of Fusion Field.
- Greatly increased diffusion when using short Spread values.
- A smoother, more realistic attack phase for the Distance parameter.
- An Echo control for additional effects, creating a delayed wave of reverb - useful for large ethereal spaces, or tight metallic boxes.
- New GUI design, with an optimised animated display.
- All aspects of the filtering, Decay, Spread and Distance parameters are now shown on the main display. Using a cloud representation of time and frequency energy, to give an instant visual interpretation. You'll know what it sounds like directly from this impression.
- Total of 48 modulators now include randomised LFOs for extra decorrelation.
- Algorithm optimisations to allow for these additional features, keeping CPU resources as low as possible.
- Re-balanced to fix the channel bias problem.
- A new set of presets.
Notes: Having additional algorithm features meant that the whole system had to be retuned. All dials keep the same ratios and times, so it is compatible with the previous version and saved presets. Previous users will notice the filter dials have been arranged in clearer high and low sections.
Fusion Field now costs £50.