22nd September 2005
PPMulator is designed to closely follow the ballistics of mono, stereo and mid-side (MS) PPM meters conforming to IEC 268-10/DIN 45406 and has a number of built-in additional features, including various display options and a highly-useful Peak Logging process which logs all peaks/overloads against the timecode in the host application where they occurred.
PPMulator - Initial Feature Set:
- Configurable as a Type I/Type II PPM, or set your own custom reference levels, ballistics and settings.
- Both 'box-and-needle' PPM or plasma bargraph graphical display options.
- Unique Peak Logging feature - create lists of 'overs' logged against timecode for unattended mixes/laybacks.
- Mono/Stereo or Mid-Side (MS) metering options, with overload LED.
- Fully-resizable single or dual meter display.
- Monitor both input level when recording and output level when mixing.
- Mono gain trim to M3 (-3dB) or M6 (-6dB) standards.
- Phase-error warning light for maximum mono compatibility.
- Built-in reference tone generator for meter alignment and calibration.
Supported Metering Standards:
- IEC 269-10 Type I : Nordic N9
- IEC 269-10 Type I / DIN 45406
- IEC 269-10 Type IIa : BBC scale
- IEC 269-10 Type IIb : EBU scale
Currently in a public-beta test stage (downloads for Windows and Mac OS X are available), PPMulator is expected to be released as a direct download from the Raw Material website by the end of September 2005 at an introductory price of GB£19.99. A time-limited evaluation version will be freely downloadable and registering PPMulator will enable all of its features, as well as allowing users to download further updates and extended feature sets in the future.