Rayzoon Technologies has announced the release of releases Jamstix 2 and Jamstix 2 XL (XL version includes DrumPak #1,DrumPak #2, BrushPak, SnarePak and ePak).
Jamstix simulates a drummer inside of your sequencer/host. Unlike most other drum modules, which either provide static MIDI patterns or an engine that combines pre-recorded MIDI patterns, Jamstix features a state-of-the-art realtime simulation of a human drummer down to the calculation of the time it takes a drummer to move an arm from drum A to drum B. This means that arrangements created with Jamstix are always humanly playable (no ten-armed drummers) and also always unique and varied since they are created based on rules and not static patterns.
Jamstix 2 is a near-complete rewrite of the original Jamstix. It boasts an easier-to-use interface, in-depth style and drummer modeling and many enhancements.
Advanced Virtual Drummer VSTi
- Real-time groove composition using dedicated style and drummer modeling (not static patterns).
- In-depth drummer limb simulation, including triangulation of hand movements, ensures that the grooves are always humanly playable (no ten-armed drummer here).
- Advanced feel modeling includes sound-specific pocket delays, power and timing variations and can play ahead, on or behind the beat.
- Real-time fill generator produces unique fills (no static patterns used!) that match the style and drummer in use.
- Streamlined interface with visual drum kit for editing as well as just watching the drums play.
- Part-based arranger with transition and repetition fills, liveloop technology as well as drag-&-drop MIDI export.
- Limb-centric bar editor allows fine-tuning of events without need for MIDI export/editing in host.
- Extensive MIDI controller mapping allows in-depth remote-control of the style, drummer and mixer.
- Built-in mixer with compressor and 3-band EQ.
- Comes with 50 styles and 10 drummers, expandable via future Paks.
- Built-in high-quality drum sample player with multiple velocity layers and controllable ambience.
- Alternate samples remove machine-gun effect by varying sounds at the same velocity.
- Sophisticated layering creates realistic sound accumulations based on drum types.
- Route sounds to 4-17 stereo outputs (adjustable).
- Extensive sound library that can be expanded via expansion Paks.
- Integrated VSTi sub-hosting allows usage of any VSTi drum synthesizer, such as BFD, DFHS, EZDrummer and Addictive Drums. Combine the sounds of your favorite drum plugin with the jam power and realism of Jamstix.
- Allows creating kits that use a mix of external sounds and Jamstix 2 sounds. For example, you can built a kit that uses EZDrummer drums and Jamstix 2 percussion sounds and cymbals.
- Flexible key and velocity mapping.
- Jamstix can interact with your MIDI or audio input by adjusting velocity and using play rules, such as hihat/ride switching and snare head/sidestick switching as well as rhythm reduction giving you the feel of playing with a human drummer.
Supports Your Existing MIDI grooves
- Jamstix can import your existing MIDI drum grooves as well as Jamstix 1 rhythms and use them as styles for playing by the drummer models. This means a static 1-bar MID file groove comes to live by being played with the feel, accents and fills of the Jamstix 2 virtual drummers.
- The XL version of Jamstix 2 differs from the standard version by the inclusion of all current expansion Paks (DrumPak #1, DrumPak #2, BrushPak, SnarePak, ePak). This expands the internal sounds of Jamstix 2 by 1.2GB and provides a wide range of sounds, including a fusion kit, a rock kit, a rod-played kit, a brushed kit with sizzle cymbal and 100 electronic sounds.
Jamstix 2 has an MSRP of $99; Jamstix 2 XL has an MSRP of $149 but is currently available for the introductory price of $139. Jamstix 1 owners can upgrade to Jamstix 2 for $40 or to Jamstix 2 XL for $89 until 3rd September 2007 ($49 / $99 from then onwards).