Rayzoon Technologies releases Jamstix v1.4
1st November 2005
1st November 2005
Rayzoon Technologies has released version 1.4 of its virtual drummer VSTi Jamstix, featuring many enhancements and a few fixes.
- Added ability to manually select snare and tom accents in the rhythm tab.
- Added 'Flip Stereo' switch to internal engine setup.
- Added 'Closed' event to hihat + column.
- Modified various fills and accents to use 32nd notes instead of triplets for better compatibility.
- Fills and accents are now auto-shuffled in shuffle mode with much improved results.
- Added probability slider for hihat/ride eighths.
- Added jamstix.ini option DefaultCompression (value range 0..99).
- Added separate sound slot for snare rimshots.
- Created sample set for default kit snare rimshots.
- Internal sounds can now be routed to any output, not just 1-4. Sounds that are played on outputs 5-17 are not routed through the console so they have no gain control or compression within Jamstix. If a sound has an output specified that is above the current maximum output number, it will be played through output 1.
- Outputs are now named 'JS Out x' with x being sequential in mono and stereo modes.
- Key re-mapping now also affects MIDI input triggering internal sounds.
- Added numerical output in status bar for gain and compression sliders.
- Added eight basic fills (names start with 'BASIC...').
- Added some 32nd double stroke snare accents.
- If an internal mapping sound has no ride bell sound, the engine will now automatically use the normal ride sound.
- If an internal mapping sound has crash/splash or china sounds missing, the engine will now automatically use existing cymbals instead of just silence.
- Added lock icon to rhythm tab to control whether the rhythm will change based on the arrangement while the host is running and the rhythm tab is shown.
- Moved mute icon to bottom-right corner of rhythm tab.
- Added idle trigger for DFHS cache logic.
- Added a warning LED in the status bar when the host is running but Jamstix is stopped.
- If an accent or fill specifies a kick at the same time as a tom, the kick will no longer be suppressed.
- When playing MIDI data in 'dumb' mode, the internal engine no longer applies velocity variance.
- Added 'DSP Offset' checkbox to mapping tab. This box should be checked only if you are using DSP-based plugins with latency and experience a synch offset. You also have to have audioM8 in the project in that case.
- Loading an arrangement now refreshes the rhythm name display.
- Importing a MIDI file now causes the rhythm name to change to the file name.
- MIDI volume controller (#7) no longer moves console sliders but acts as a volume trim after the sliders.
- Increased snare limb handling flexibility.
- Ride bell logic has been changed so that all ride events with full velocity are played on the bell.
- Ride bell logic now occurs after calculating velocity variance so that very varied ride/bell combos are possible by setting ride velocity slightly less than full.
- Added 'Tempo Filter' automation parameter. If this value is over 50%, the tempo filtering of accents,fills, intros and endings is suspended until the parameter drops back under 50%. This is useful during gradual tempo changes where the filtering would corrupt playing fills.
- Added support for snare brushing with future BrushPak.
- Added support for close stereo/no ambience sounds with certain future DrumPaks.
- Added automatic close-mono sample extraction from close-stereo source for DrumPak #2 and other CS-supporting expansion paks.
- LOAD display now shows true polyphony as monophonic voices playing versus sounds playing.
- Added jamstix.ini option 'NoHostDataLoad=1', which will keep Jamstix from loading its data from song project files. This is useful when loading a song fails due to a data problem in Jamstix.
- For those brave ones that create their own RAF files: double-clicking on the drumset picture at the top of the Jamstix GUI will now reload the data caches without having to restart Jamstix.
- Fixed problem with data reset when adding second instance of Jamstix to a project.
- Fixed dropdown box highlighting under certain circumstances causing locking up of n-Track.
- Cymbal panel eighths now play in shuffle mode.
- Fixed issue with closed hihats not playing on quarters for some users (FPU rounding issue).
- Fixed 'Back to arrangement' light in Live during a rhythm change in Jamstix when using MIDI automation.
Other Related News
27 Jun 2014 Rayzoon updates Jamstix Virtual Drummer to v3.6.0 (incl. OS X & AAX versions)24 May 2014 Rayzoon releases Jamstix 3.6 OS X Beta02 Dec 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Rayzoon Annual Holiday Sale - Up To 50% Off06 Dec 2012 Rayzoon releases Flamenco, Udu-Utar, Euclid and Sophistica MiniPaks for Jamstix26 Nov 2012 #KVRDeal Expired Rayzoon Biggest Sale Ever - Up to 50% Off19 Nov 2012 Rayzoon updates Jamstix Virtual Drummer to v3.5.0 (incl. 64-bit VST and 32-bit RTAS)27 Jun 2012 Rayzoon Jamstix 3.5 (VST64 and RTAS) Public Beta Available08 May 2012 Rayzoon announces 2012 May Sale - Up To 35% Off10 Jan 2012 Rayzoon updates Jamstix to v3.3.027 Sep 2011 Rayzoon releases Breakbeat for Jamstix01 Sep 2011 Rayzoon updates Jamstix to v3.213 May 2011 Rayzoon announces 2011 May Sale - Up To 35% Off06 Feb 2011 Rayzoon updates Jamstix to v3.1.201 Feb 2011 Rayzoon releases AI-Pak for Jamstix28 Jan 2011 Rayzoon updates Jamstix to v3.1.029 Nov 2010 Rayzoon announces 2010 Holiday Sale Event - Up To 32% Off31 Jul 2010 Rayzoon Technologies updates Jamstix to v3.0.223 May 2010 Rayzoon Technologies updates Jamstix to v3.0.129 Apr 2010 Rayzoon Announces Jamstix 3 Release08 Dec 2009 Rayzoon releases Jamstix 3 BETA and announces Holiday Sale (Up To 40% Off)