Renoise version 2.8 is now available, adding 64-bit support for all platforms and workflow improvements.
New features in 2.8 include:
Full 64-bit Support:
- 64-bit versions for all platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Plug-in bridge allows 32-bit plug-ins to be used within 64-bit Renoise.
- Full Rewire 64-bit support.
Track Groups & Collapsing:
- Group tracks into logical units, collapse them for better overview.
- Flexible routing of group tracks.
- Collapsed tracks use minimal space, while still providing a quick overview.
- Pattern effects in groups will affect all member tracks simultaneously.
- Automatically collapse all tracks except the one you are focussing on.
- Color code tracks with adjustable background colors.
New and Improved DSP Effects and Meta Devices:
- New DSP Multitap delay for spaced out filtered echo madness.
- New DSP Repeater for st-st-st-stuttery goodness.
- New DSP Exciter to make your mixes sparkle.
- New Meta Mixer allowing blending of modulation signals into one output.
- Improved EQs with bigger graphs and all values can be automated.
- Improved Send devices, which can now be individually panned.
- New and improved crossover filters for the Multi Send device.
Other Workflow Improvements:
- Sample Editor channels can be edited separately.
- Significantly faster sample loading.
- New and improved spectrum view with phase correlation meter in Phase Scope.
- Side-by-side comparison of two tracks in the spectrum view.
- New pattern effects: Tremolo, Auto Pan, Set Envelope Position.
- Logical mnemonics for pattern effects from A-Z instead of cryptic numbers.
- Hyper-threading support for new Intel i5 and i7 CPUs and others.
- Various audio engine speed optimizations for all platforms.
- New Favorites system for plug-ins and native DSP devices.
- Expandable and detachable Envelope Editor.
- Memorize last used bank/preset paths per plug-in.
- Automatically name rendered songs/patterns.
and much more...
For a complete rundown of the new features, have a look at the Renoise 2.8 launch page: renoise.com/release-notes/280