19th March 2012
Renoise version 2.8 is now available, adding 64-bit support for all platforms and workflow improvements.
New features in 2.8 include:
Full 64-bit Support:
- 64-bit versions for all platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Plug-in bridge allows 32-bit plug-ins to be used within 64-bit Renoise.
- Full Rewire 64-bit support.
Track Groups & Collapsing:
- Group tracks into logical units, collapse them for better overview.
- Flexible routing of group tracks.
- Collapsed tracks use minimal space, while still providing a quick overview.
- Pattern effects in groups will affect all member tracks simultaneously.
- Automatically collapse all tracks except the one you are focussing on.
- Color code tracks with adjustable background colors.
New and Improved DSP Effects and Meta Devices:
- New DSP Multitap delay for spaced out filtered echo madness.
- New DSP Repeater for st-st-st-stuttery goodness.
- New DSP Exciter to make your mixes sparkle.
- New Meta Mixer allowing blending of modulation signals into one output.
- Improved EQs with bigger graphs and all values can be automated.
- Improved Send devices, which can now be individually panned.
- New and improved crossover filters for the Multi Send device.
Other Workflow Improvements:
- Sample Editor channels can be edited separately.
- Significantly faster sample loading.
- New and improved spectrum view with phase correlation meter in Phase Scope.
- Side-by-side comparison of two tracks in the spectrum view.
- New pattern effects: Tremolo, Auto Pan, Set Envelope Position.
- Logical mnemonics for pattern effects from A-Z instead of cryptic numbers.
- Hyper-threading support for new Intel i5 and i7 CPUs and others.
- Various audio engine speed optimizations for all platforms.
- New Favorites system for plug-ins and native DSP devices.
- Expandable and detachable Envelope Editor.
- Memorize last used bank/preset paths per plug-in.
- Automatically name rendered songs/patterns.
and much more...
For a complete rundown of the new features, have a look at the Renoise 2.8 launch page: renoise.com/release-notes/280
19 Mar 2012 Renoise 2.8 Final released
13 May 2011 Renoise 2.7 Released
21 Dec 2010 Renoise updated to v2.6.1
05 Nov 2010 Renoise 2.6 Released - Script Everything
09 Mar 2010 Renoise v2.5 released
17 Dec 2009 Renoise v2.5 Beta Now Available
27 May 2009 Renoise updated to v2.1
05 Jan 2009 Renoise 2.0 Release Candidate 2 released
05 Dec 2008 Renoise v2.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available
15 Sep 2008 Renoise v2.0 announced (Beta available)
04 Feb 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 released (incl. Linux version)
17 Jan 2008 Renoise v1.9.1 beta released, with Linux Port
06 Nov 2007 Renoise v1.9 released
05 Mar 2007 Renoise version 1.8 released