27th May 2009
Version 2.1 of Renoise is now available, offering seamless integration with other DAWs & Audio Tools by introducing ReWire support on Mac OS X / Windows and Jack Transport on Linux.
What's New In Renoise 2.1
Full ReWire Slave & Master support (on Windows & Mac OS X)
ReWire allows you to connect and synchronize multiple software applications, so that you can run them side by side while passing Audio/MIDI information between them.
For example, you could connect Renoise to Logic, program your drums in Renoise, while arranging the bulk of your song in Logic. Or you could connect both Reason and Ableton Live to Renoise, arrange your track in Renoise, control Reason's built-in synthesizers, and play around with loops in Live. All it takes is some ReWire enabled software and you are good to go.
ReWire has two modes, both of which are fully supported by Renoise: ReWire Master (ReWire Mixer) and ReWire Slave (ReWire Synth).
Jack Transport Support (Linux only)
Similar to ReWire, Renoise now supports the Jack transport protocol. Jack transport allows Linux users to start, stop and reposition multiple audio programs, all connected/running through Jack.
New Pattern Sequencer Features:
- Decoupled Sequencer Playback Now Possible: This new feature allows the user to detach the current playback position from the edit position. This lets you edit a pattern while other patterns are playing.
- Live Pattern Triggering: Patterns can now be "scheduled" for playback via a new column in the Pattern Sequencer. Without stopping playback you can now trigger new sequences in the song "in real time".
New meta devices (Modulation / Automation Device fun):
- Hydra Device: Automate/change/broadcast multiple FX parameters with a single parameter. Think of this as a magic slider, which connects itself to up to 9 other parameters - allowing you to change multiple settings with just one slider or automation.
- Keytracking Device: Modulates parameters depending on an instruments key (note) value. Like what the "Velocity Device" does with Velocities, the Keytracking device does with Keys/Notes.
- MIDI Control Device: This device replaces the old "MIDI-CC Device", finally offering Pitchbend, Channel Pressure, Program Change & regular controller (CC) in a single device.